Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awesome ^,^

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discussion:: Pairings

Go down 
+11
Tippy
xReadItAndWeepx
BenignUser
ARCtheElite
Na-cat
smile-in-ur-sleep
Timewitch
Aana
Potgenie
D
emotionless-robot
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Potgenie
::Ultimate::
Potgenie

Number of posts : 2058
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Ooh. I didn't know that so many people in this forum think the same as me! Smile I don't mean to offend anyone either. I just don't SEE digimon as being all couply and stuff... and as for PataGato.. the two are just NOT on the same wavelength, in my opinion Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/599590/
Aana
::Gennai::
Aana

Number of posts : 2312
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Thank you.

I just.. don't.. understand it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1614494/
Potgenie
Potgenie

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:24 pm

Recently I came across a fanfiction that had AngemonXVamdemon as the pairing. Don't get me wrong, it was well-written. But still... it just felt weird to me, especially when they had the lovey dovey scenes! Shocked
Back to top Go down
BenignUser
::Champion::
BenignUser

Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:22 pm

I never really understood what was so great about the whole Digimon/Digimon pairing thing either. It's all just way too weird to me, even the common PataGato one, but to each their own, I suppose.

Even most of the authors on FF.net that I admire seem to be fascinated with some sort of very odd Digimon pairing (Iori/BlackWarGreymon, Piemon/Takeru, and Ruki/Renamon come to mind). Yet despite the questionable romance they seem to enjoy, they're still at times writing other stories I greatly enjoyed reading.

Probably the only Digimon/Digimon pairing I wouldn't truly mind would be Arukenimon and Mummymon, but even then I'd probably still pass up any read that's going to be about their full fledged romance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/20858/
Potgenie
Potgenie

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:32 pm

Oh yeah Arukenimon and Mummymon is the most (and only) passable couple, and thats only because they behave and look more like humans than anyone else.

Human X Digimon? That's just... weird...
Back to top Go down
ARCtheElite
ARCtheElite

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:40 pm

It'll be like having a relationship with your dog.

Not that digimon are animals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~arctheelite

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:53 pm

BenignUser wrote:
I never really understood what was so great about the whole Digimon/Digimon pairing thing either. It's all just way too weird to me, even the common PataGato one, but to each their own, I suppose.

Well Benign, if you consider that Patamon and Gatomon on their angel forms are more human looking than Arukenimon and Mummymon then we can say is a tie between both lol

But ah well as you said to each their own ^^

Now for the others Mwahahahaha!

SugarSpiral wrote:
It's because Gatomon has always been my favourite, and Patamon makes me want to eat my own toenails.

You're a bit of lying Aana, you used to like PataGato too, not much much, but you used to like it when we were on the other forum, but hey it's okay everyone changes opinions, but what's so bad with Patamon? Why you say he makes you want to eat your toe nails? I bet it is the US dub version again right? that version messed Patamon a lot.

I really have never understood why out of the main digimon, Patamon is the one who gets that kind of opinions, not even Wormmon gets that kind of opinions and he is a bug o.O

potgenie wrote:
Ooh. I didn't know that so many people in this forum think the same as me! Smile I don't mean to offend anyone either. I just don't SEE digimon as being all couply and stuff... and as for PataGato.. the two are just NOT on the same wavelength, in my opinion Razz

Wavelength? how do you know? maybe sometimes they may be in different wavelength but not always, I mean if they could dance happily in episode 22 of 02 then anything is possible, I mean if Gatomon can be playful and innocent at times, then Patamon can be serious and thoughtful too, it is all a balance ^^

Though that's actually why I never placed a challenge about a PataGato fic, seeing the comments here I rather not get anyone uncomfortable ^^U

About not seeing digimon as couply and stuff why not? I mean if the have all the other feelings like friendship, rage, sadness, etc. then why not love?

* Aukenimon and Mummymon showed that digimon can fall in love, well Mummymon was the one in love with her

* Veemon had that crush on Gatomon

* Patamon in the japanese version of episode 7 of 02 said he and Gatomon make a nice couple on their angel forms to make Davis blow up his lid

* In Tamers Jijimon and Babamon lived as a married couple

* In Frontier there were even digimon Families like that Burguermon family that were the father, mother and 6 little ones (it was an episode where the father got kidnapped by Arbormon)

* Again in Frontier Seraphimon and Ophanimon seemed to be too close, Kazemon even said that maybe Cherubimon had feelings for Ophanimon.

So I think the digimon had as much right to love as the humans do ^^
Back to top Go down
D
D

Number of posts : 2387
Location : In Your Heart, and Yours, and Yours! Oh, and Yours too!
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:09 pm

Well I was waiting for LP to say something.
And you have to give him MAJOR kudos, he argued his points fairly.

But like I said, I think emotional love is acceptable. I've even, and this was only once, went that route in a story.
When authors write it in a physical way, I just don't understand nor do I even try.
Furthermore, when the story is a mainly DigixDigi pairing, I won't even give it the time of day.

DigixDigi is like Jyoumi to me. No Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1668430/
Aana
Aana

Number of posts : 2312

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:44 pm

LP ^,^ it's been a while.

To clarify one point... I like Patamon in the dub. It's because everyone's always going on-and-on-and-on about PataTail in the subs that bugs me. A lot.

Notice to everyone: I'll probably not be posting on this thread for at least a week, not because of the subject but coz of personal problems (who wants a love life, eh?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1614494/
BenignUser
BenignUser

Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:49 pm

Lord Pata wrote:
Well Benign, if you consider that Patamon and Gatomon on their angel forms are more human looking than Arukenimon and Mummymon then we can say is a tie between both lol

Just to fix up a misconception, my being accepting of the Arukenimon/Mummymon pairing has little to do with them being human-looking. The main reason behind it is of course Mummymon's unconditional devotion towards Arukenimon; though even that isn't reason enough for me to care about their romance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/20858/
Na-cat
::DigiDestined::
Na-cat

Number of posts : 998

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:52 pm

Well, Digimon certainly have feelings of some sort, as we've seen a few times. Well, I say feelings, emotional reactions at least. Well...

Ugh. Whatever, I just mean they're not completely emotionally dead. So this implies that affection is probably possible.

If you consider that they feel in the same way as humans do, then falling in love is possible.
But, even if Digimon have brains, interact with humans etc. I don't think they're quite the same.

Furthermore, falling in love is primarily based on attraction. An attraction that comes from the instinct to reproduce. Digimon don't reproduce, they're data.

So falling in love? To me, is improbable. Though I do regard a certain amount of affection as possible, but unlikely to be exclusive or anything.

Digimon sex? Um, No. No thank you.
Sure you have Angemon, Angewomon (who I think look really cool next to each other) and other vaguely human looking Digimon, but most of them are well, more on the animal side (and some are just digimon-looking, and should be left at that). But even regarding the human-looking ones, I don't see it happening.

Generally speaking, I think digimon have other things on their mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1457263/
D
D

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:53 pm

Lol. Good point Nina.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Well leaving the reproducing aside which is contradicting in the series itself seeing the families on Frontier like the ShellNumemon whose Daughters got kidnapped by Grumblemon or the Burguermon family, I say physical love as in hugs, kisses is posible, I don't see anything bad on that.

About the lemons, better leave that out of this discussion since most of them aren't based in romance, is just they're and excusing the word horny and go at it so it can't count much for actual pairings discussion here

Though my take on Patamon and Gatomon having kids (Gatomon's baby) and my scene of them going intimate in Rebuilding a broken heart sure got pretty good response ^^

about the words in bold letters I marked them like that since that contradicts the belief about that digimon don't reproduce, of course Frontier had lot of confusing things anyways.

Some times I think some fans think like Rika used to think about the digimon, that they were only to fight and become stronger o.O

SugarSpiral wrote:

To clarify one point... I like Patamon in the dub. It's because everyone's always going on-and-on-and-on about PataTail in the subs that bugs me. A lot.

Sorry about that Aana but is not our fault that on the subs the translated thing show that about PataTail, even on some polls on Toei's japanese website there was one about pairings and on the top ten of mixed human pairings and digimon pairings appeared Angemon and Angewomon, while on the just digimon pairings it was in firt place winning to WizaGato by 13 votes more or less.

What I'm trying to say is that if even Toei had a poll about pairings and even included one for just digimon ones it means they don't consider them all out of sense.
Back to top Go down
Na-cat
Na-cat

PostSubject: Modly Modness   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:00 pm

LP, I'm going to have to warn you about argumenting using the other seasons.
You know this forum is Adventure 01 & 02 exclusive, and while an occasinal mention every now and then is fine, it's best if you don't center around the other seasons.

(And anyway, while still dealing with digimon, the different series have different canons.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:06 pm

nina-neko wrote:
LP, I'm going to have to warn you about argumenting using the other seasons.
You know this forum is Adventure 01 & 02 exclusive, and while an occasinal mention every now and then is fine, it's best if you don't center around the other seasons.

(And anyway, while still dealing with digimon, the different series have different canons.)

Now what did I do? the only season I mentioned was frontier, and just one time Tamers so it falls in occasional mention since most of my post was more general like about the digimon themselves so I don't see any reason for a warning o.O

the polls on Toei's site were just about 01 and 02 by the way so I doubt it was that the reason of the warn.

But also returning to 01 and 02, what about Agumon and Patamon's reaction when they saw Catherine's Floramon? both got hooked to her when they saw her so it proves they sure can think in more than just friendship and other things, also just look at Veemon's fantasy of him dancing with Gatomon, it was your kind of romantic dance with rose in mouth and all.
Back to top Go down
Na-cat
Na-cat

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Well I do see a reason for a warning, it's stated in my last post. /mod

To me it seems the polls show a recognition to pairings in the fandom (after all, there are polls for pairings very far from canon in other fandoms).

As for the crushes, I do have my own theory. The only crushes that come to mind are Veemon's crush on Gatomon and Agumon and Patamon's on Floramon. In both cases the digimon seem to be mirroring their partners. It's probably more playful copying than anything else.
And even if it isn't, if they do have genuine crushes on other digimon, in these cases it would be because their partners have crushes on the other digimon's partner. So their feelings would depend on those of their partner, meaning it's not something they feel for themselves, which I don't see as love.

While I do still see affection as possible, love not so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:45 am

I find that unfair about the digimon not being able to fall in love, maybe it does mirror their partners at times but not all the times, I mean those triplets were drooling over Kari but you didn't saw their digimon acting the same with Angewomon did you?

Same with Willis, he kissed Kari and Yolei goodbye but you didn't saw Terriermon doing the same with Gatomon or flirting with her

So the mirroring doesn't applies always, hence there are fics that for example are Daikari but have PataGato, or Takari with VeeGato, etc.

That's the beautiful of the fanfiction, that you can break those things and work different.

Still I say Digimon can fall in love, I don't see anything bad with it and no offense and sorry if this breaks a rule but if we could see in Pokemon cases of love between Pokemon like those Nidoran or Meowth in love with Meowzie then why Digimon can't have that right?

Also the fact they're data shouldn't be much valid, remember that it was precisely that what Ken when he was the Digimon Emperor thought, that they were data, that the digiworld was a game, TK and the others made him see that the digimon aren't simple data, that they're more than that, that the digiworld is an extension of the real world, also for being just data the digimon had lots of similar things biologically talking like use the toilet (I still laugh with Ogremon's face when Agumon went to the bathroom on that trick mansion on 01 XD), even bleed, remember how Joe bandaged Ogremon after he, Mimi and their digimon found him all injured? plus we have Joe as the first digimon doctor so I can say that digimon are so much than just data ^^
Back to top Go down
Potgenie
Potgenie

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:47 am

Wow, haha. Impressive long arguments... I guess all I can say is that we all have our different opinions. LP likes digiXdigi pairings, I don't. Both are perfectly A-OK Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:07 am

I do respect opinions alright Potgenie, is just that I find kind of unfair to think that digimon can't fall in love with all things just because they're data, that is tecnically to see them like if they were mere objects, well that's just me anyways.

Last edited by Lord Pata on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D
D

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:39 am

To each his or her own. But this was a very well debated topic. A little heated yet everyone made their point.
So I say we move on now...shall we?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:03 am

Yeah better move on, besides I think all is pretty much said anyways, maybe the reason why many fans like the digixdigi pairings is to be fair with them, I mean, most fics are always focused on the humans, there are some fics where the digimon doesn't appear at all, so why not give them some protagonism and play with other emotions like love and even breeding? that's what makes the fics interesting, I still can't believe my fic Gatomon's baby got so much acceptation it is so close to reach the 100 reviews, my best record ^^

I find interesting the digixdigi romance because it takes you out of the common thing of dealing with the usual pairings like Taiora, Takari, etc. in my fics in spanish I have a fic that is just with the digimon, with no digidestined included, I love to focus on the digimon more than on the humans, dunno, I feel it more challenging ^^

But well that's just my side ^^
Back to top Go down
Potgenie
Potgenie

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:04 pm

(LP, I never said you don't respect opinions. From the way you carried out your arguments, I think you do. ^_^ But anyway, yeah. Moving on! Very Happy)

What do you guys think of... KENKERU? :/

Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Darkgate0066
Takeru: Get your hands off my Ken you dolt!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Before continue this topic I want to apologize to all of you for anything you felt it was upseting about my posts, it was never my intention to make upset anyone, Aana said her inbox is full of comments about my behavior towards Nina, so Nina I apology to you as well, as I told Aana, I didn't thought comment with examples of other seasons was bad this time because the topic changed to the digimon in general about if they can fall in love or not or that they're data, I mean we stopped mentioning specific characters except when that of mirroring got mentioned, so I thought my examples could fall on the very ocassional exceptions.

Still anyways my apologies to all of you about my mess it wasn't my intention to cause all that problem Crying or Very sad

Anyhow back to topic with Kenkeru.

That one sure I have seen few fics out there I have to admit there are some good ones but I never got to know how that one did born ^^U
Back to top Go down
Potgenie
Potgenie

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Smile

I would say Kenkeru originated from...

the fighting scene between TK and the Kaizer. Guy-to-guy battling always breeds fandom love.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:09 pm

that makes sense potgenie, that fight has a big meaning between them, later on the episode where MagnaAngemon fights BlackWarGreymon, when TK has those flashbacks and he says "I won't forgive it" (I don't know the US dub lines so I'm going with the original lines) but the last time he says that, he says it angrily and loud and Ken gets all paralized that he didn't even listened when Davis told him to get ready, he was in total like shock, my guess he remembered the fight with TK and understood why he was like that when they fought that time.

Then we have on the episode when they talk with Azulongmon, at the end when Digitamamon and Tapirmon give them a free dinner as thanks for save the soup pond, TK shares a piece of bread with Ken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion:: Pairings   Discussion:: Pairings - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion:: Pairings
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next