emotionless-robot
::DigiDestined::
emotionless-robot

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Wonderland Empty
PostSubject: Wonderland   Wonderland Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:30 am

So, I accepted this challenge back in the summer and have only recently begun writing it. I wrote this little piece kind of as my way to wrap my head around the idea. It could either be a prologue or maybe just part of the story. Either way, tell me what you think of it!!

----------------------

With a heaving sigh, Jyou plopped down beside a withering tree, its bare branches and dead leaves accurately portraying the hollowness Jyou himself felt in this crazed dream world. No other adventures quite had the same flair of utter madness this one held. The only thing Jyou knew for certain was that he was alive (for now) and that he definitely was going to be in need of psychiatric help once he awoke.

If he ever awoke.

These mixed thoughts and jumbled memories made Jyou feel like a philosopher, reaching desperately with eyes closed for even just a hint of the truth. There was nothing definite; no limits or contours to the way this dream took shape. One minute Jyou thought he had it figured out. The next, he was being eaten or chased or stomped on.

Or in other cases, seduced by a variety of scantily-clad women.

Jyou shuddered and shook his head to rid himself of the mental images he so dearly wished to dispose of.

He focused on the stillness of the forest instead. It was a stillness rarely found in nature, Jyou knew, but he hoped it was one that meant something positive here in this dreamland. Perhaps the monsters and fiends were dozing off finally, and Jyou could rest without worrying now. Though it was night, he was neither cold nor blind because of it. The breeze was rather warm, like during the summer, and the moon’s glow carved shadows in the ground while simultaneous illuminating the treetops above Jyou’s head. As strange as it was, this was the first bit of peace he’s had since entering this land of imagination, where reality became non-existent and perception was warped to such a degree that terror was joy and madness was sanity. If only Jyou had a handbook or a map… something, anything, to help him navigate without losing every scrap of himself along the way. He wasn’t even sure where he was supposed to be headed anymore. Was there ever a path to follow in the first place? Or had Jyou been carving his own path; recklessly abandoning all sense and dignity just to get to the other side?

With a yawn (he was so tired of asking all these questions!) the young man rested on the ground, hoping there were no giant insects waiting to crawl up his nose and into his brains as soon as he fell asleep.

Tomorrow would come soon enough, and with it, more insanity and strangeness than Jyou would ever think of handling. No, he didn’t know what the next days would bring. Maybe the sun wouldn’t rise, or all the birds would be turned purple, or perhaps more people would just chase him around again.

Or maybe, tomorrow would be the day that Jyou would finally succumb to madness and never awaken from this crazy, messed-up dream world; remaining trapped inside his own mind for eternity.

ARCtheElite
::Ultimate::
::Ultimate::
ARCtheElite

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Wonderland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonderland   Wonderland Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 am

I like it, though it's different from some of the earlier comedies you wrote. What was the challenge? (Or is it a secret)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~arctheelite
BandGeek99
::Rookie::
BandGeek99

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Wonderland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonderland   Wonderland Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:23 am

Oooh, sounds awesome so far! Kinda got a bit of a dark feel... I like it. Can't wait for more!

I'm glad you're writing this challenge Smile I can't wait to see what you come up with for it!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1293980/BandGeek99#
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Wonderland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonderland   Wonderland Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:34 am

I'm glad you guys like it... I was worried it wasn't crack-ish enough (which was the challenge, in fact...) but I think it'll get there.

BandGeek99
BandGeek99

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Wonderland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonderland   Wonderland Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:36 am

Oh, you will, I have complete faith in you. Give it time. Smile Good luck hon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1293980/BandGeek99#
Sponsored content

Wonderland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonderland   Wonderland Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wonderland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge :: FanFiction:: Your Stories :: Projects.-
Jump to: