Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awesome ^,^

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aster Selene
::Baby::
Aster Selene

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-11-07

What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Empty
PostSubject: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:08 am

Hehe...haven't been around here in a while. Probably because the Digimon on FF died. You guys are still awesome, and my only hope for crack and romance that doesn't remind me of Twilight. Ugh. Twilight.

Anyway...Aster Selene has been doing the following:

-Unsuccessfully trying to rename herself "Fuzzle-san"
-Acting as a senior member of the Anti-Cliché and Mary-Sue Elimination Society and helping make its major plot, and taking charge of an arc that will remove all of the angst that has been had lately
-Zooming out from Digimon and turning into a well-rounded all-around otaku/weeaboo
-Shamelessly hating certain dubs (Oh, YGO, the pain...)
-Whoring over Vocaloid songs, creating songs with Vocaloid, making an UTAU, making songs with said UTAU, and becoming an UTAU Ranking reviewer at the Vocaloidism blog
-Hating school and getting an absymal report card (ugh)
-Working on art and original characters in original series
-Trying to read My Immortal without laughing
-Trying to read Twilight without throwing up
-Participating in NaNoWriMo
-Whoring over certain seiyuu of certain series
-Performing experiments on fangirls (I have noticed that it takes at least one year for a fangirl to realize ships aren't all that and to realize that she's done something very wrong with her writing)
-Getting her life ruined by TVtropes. Oh, TVtropes.
-Losing The Game, which you just lost.
-Reading xkcd
-Going to Japan, finding out about minor otaku culture among Japanese teenagers, talking to a Japanese girl, and bringing home goodies
-Attending a school with predominantly Asian people and slowly being fussed into Korean dramas and pop culture (but still hating most of the singers)
-Trying (and failing) to learn Korean like a good Korean-American should
-Realizing that it's best to stop lying about identity and dropping a whole ton of bombs on the public about her identity (but no I am not a male stalkerish old man)
-Dealing with fangirls on the Digimon Wiki
-Missing all you gaiz~

So how's the fandom been? Did I miss anything important or crackish?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1456569/
BertieTiger
::DigiDestined::
BertieTiger

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:53 am

DAMN I JUST LOST THE GAME. OH NOEZ.

What is NaNoWrIMo? A friend of mine participated in it but I'm not entirely sure what it is XD

And trying to read TwiSHITE without throwing up is impossible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~bertietiger
Aster Selene
Aster Selene

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:55 am

National Novel Writing Month. A contest (although anyone can win, it's not really a contest) to write a 50,000 word novel in the 30-day-period of the month of November.

I won Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BertieTiger
BertieTiger

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:22 am

50,000 words??! DEAR GOD. Link me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~bertietiger
Aster Selene
Aster Selene

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:54 am

If you want the link to the story, it's not linked anywhere - it's on my private Google Docs section. And I'm publishing it too (NaNo gives you the option of making yourself an ISBN and publishing it online)...

The link to the contest? http://www.nanowrimo.com/ .
Back to top Go down
BenignUser
::Champion::
BenignUser

Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:02 am

Dear Fuzzle-san,

How goes? What's this about the Anti-Cliché and Mary-Sue Elimination Society - has there been much progress made? Just judging by the title of the society I wish you all the best and hope you succeed (as impossible as the task is Crying or Very sad)!

Where did your path towards otaku-ness take you? I'm rather curious in knowing what other anime/manga you've gotten interested in. =o Since you've been gone I've blown through all the available Haruhi novels, and I think they totally rock. I also share your Yuki-fanaticism. She rocks. I remember your old Sasaki fic and thinking "Who's this Sasaki person?" and now that I know I wish you hadn't taken it down so I could give it a quick read. ^_^

Oh, there's also a Digimon version of My Immortal. It's basically copy/pasted with Tai and Mimi as the main characters. I laughed when I saw it. Good luck with Twilight. Though honestly I hope you abandon the attempt - I hear reading it causes cancer.

Also - grats on the NaNoWriMo! I wanted to try doing it myself this past November, but I didn't even manage to start. I'll definitely give it a shot this year, though!

Have fun in Japan. I hope you have a good time; and I also sympathize with you on the Korean kpop thing. It's become way too widespread. Somebody please put an end to this madness!!! :O Also, as a Korean American I suggest you get into StarCraft - it's by far more important in representing the culture of the Korean Youth. Wink

Sincerely,

Me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/20858/
Aster Selene
Aster Selene

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:42 am

BenignUser wrote:
Dear Fuzzle-san,

How goes? What's this about the Anti-Cliché and Mary-Sue Elimination Society - has there been much progress made? Just judging by the title of the society I wish you all the best and hope you succeed (as impossible as the task is Crying or Very sad)!

Where did your path towards otaku-ness take you? I'm rather curious in knowing what other anime/manga you've gotten interested in. =o Since you've been gone I've blown through all the available Haruhi novels, and I think they totally rock. I also share your Yuki-fanaticism. She rocks. I remember your old Sasaki fic and thinking "Who's this Sasaki person?" and now that I know I wish you hadn't taken it down so I could give it a quick read. ^_^

Oh, there's also a Digimon version of My Immortal. It's basically copy/pasted with Tai and Mimi as the main characters. I laughed when I saw it. Good luck with Twilight. Though honestly I hope you abandon the attempt - I hear reading it causes cancer.

Also - grats on the NaNoWriMo! I wanted to try doing it myself this past November, but I didn't even manage to start. I'll definitely give it a shot this year, though!

Have fun in Japan. I hope you have a good time; and I also sympathize with you on the Korean kpop thing. It's become way too widespread. Somebody please put an end to this madness!!! :O Also, as a Korean American I suggest you get into StarCraft - it's by far more important in representing the culture of the Korean Youth. Wink

Sincerely,

Me.

BenignUser I missed yooooou~

The ACMSES is doing well. Albeit with a bunch of angst (one of our main characters died), I've been given the honor of directing the plot for our third arc and I swear. There will be crack. Much crack. And many Sues to capture.

Oh dear, the list of anime I'm into now...too large...but it now ranges from things extremely fan-servicey (Seikon no Qwaser) to extremely violent (Ga-Rei) to extremely obscure (Karakuridouji Ultimo) to extremely mundane (Lucky Star) to extremely weird (Azumanga Daioh) to extremely lame but fun anyway (MMPPP) to extremely outlandish (Hayate no Gotoku) to extremely shoujo (Shugo Chara) to extremely interesting (Rozen Maiden) to things that aren't even anime/manga (Vocaloid or Touhou)...and more!

My Haruhi fic will have brought you little to no interest. Practically the entire fic was all written by Tanigawa. I copied and pasted stuff and shifted it around to make the AU...I'm excited for the tenth novel in April but pissed Baka-Tsuki dropped the translation project. I also hate Endless Eight and want to watch the movie so badly. Disappearance is my favorite novel.

Digimon badfic? Linkmeplease.

I'm going to get into Black*Rock Shooter's new anime, even though it'll only be 50 minutes...

I already went to Japan - I dunno when I'm going back. I did go to Animate and pick up seven volumes of Lucky Star and some Touhou magnets. Starcraft...I've been thinking about it...My computer can really handle one RPG at a time, being a Mac with a PC VM (and right now it has MapleStory), but maybe I'll consider it.

Nice having you around...I missed you and your writing so much. The Digimon fandom's dead on FF so I love you all...
Back to top Go down
BenignUser
BenignUser

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:55 pm

Aster Selene wrote:
Digimon badfic? Linkmeplease.

Oh! I finally remembered to find this thing. Wow, it's quite overdue, isn't it? =o

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5661702/1/

Like I said, it's a copy/paste of My Immortal with Tai and Mimi as the characters. lol, I can't tell if it's a genius troll or just another silly fangirl. ;o

I also heard about the 10th Haruhi novel! I'm definitely looking forward to it, but I'm also super bummed out that Baka-Tsuki won't be translating it. It's no comfort that another fangroup might take on the project since the writing style might end up being totally different, which would completely ruin the reading experience. Sad

Though I have high hopes. I took to reading a few Haruhi fics on FFN to tie me over until the next novel, and I was actually surprised at how high the quality of some of those fics are! I suppose it's to be expected since the fanfic writers there are more likely readers of the novels rather than watchers of the anime (cough-Digimon-cough). ;o
Back to top Go down
Aster Selene
Aster Selene

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:40 am

That fic is just INTERESTING.

Did you watch the movie yet? I'm still trying to, er, "obtain" it. ^^

I don't like the Haruhi fics on FFN mainly because it's either HaruKyon, YukiKyon, or ItsuKyon fluff. I do not like fluff...
Back to top Go down
BenignUser
BenignUser

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:14 am

I haven't seen the movie yet. I've heard there's a cam-quality sub floating out already, but I figured there's little point in watching it. I've already read the novel and know what's going to happen, so I figure I'd just wait for the real deal. ;o

I've found some really cool fics though that I greatly enjoyed. ^_^ First one I read was a crossover with Death Note. I enjoyed it so much I went to read the official novels right after. haha.

There's this other one that comes to mind that I thought was really good...

Haruhi has declared the SOS Brigade will go out camping to celebrate the western holiday of Halloween and share scary stories...

Quote :
We got settled in and Haruhi announced that Nagato-san would be going next. I expected Nagato-san to tell a story like the one she wrote for that literature club magazine we did a while back--a kind of abstract postmodern piece. Either that or something from one of her novels.

But I never expected the story that she actually told.

"Once there was a girl who was actually a powerful synthetic human. She was ordered to protect four classmates. She protected them, and they thought she was their friend. She showed no emotions, so they didn't know how she really felt. Then one day, they took her camping far away from civilization, and she killed them all in their sleep because she secretly despised them. The end."

Holy shit!

I immediately looked at Koizumi and Asahina-san, who were outwardly showing the same mixture of fear and anxiety I was. Was this a joke? This had to be a joke, right?

"Your story was way too short, Yuki. You've got to draw it out, let the suspense build," Haruhi said. "It's not scary otherwise."

Are you crazy, Haruhi? That story was the scariest thing I've heard all night. Hell, that's the scariest thing I've ever heard.

Heh, just a little snip from it. I just love those fics that literally read like they could be part of the novels themselves.
Back to top Go down
Aster Selene
Aster Selene

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:18 am

Hehe, I like fics like that too.

Was the Death Note one The Melancholy of Shinigami Ryuk? That was an awesome one...it's too bad it ended so abruptly. Rocke is extremely skilled at his Haruhi fics.

I hear the movie was awesome. Great music, drama, and suspense. Can't beat the original novel though ^^ My friend Akai-Kurenai is writing a fic for Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu.
Back to top Go down
BenignUser
BenignUser

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:41 am

Yup, it was The Melancholy of Shinigami Ryuk. I got hooked right at the summary. With a premise like that, I knew the story couldn't have possibly been anything less than epic. =o

Is the Yuki manga any good? I've thought of reading it a while back and the only thing that kept me from doing so was that I was disappointed it wasn't yet finished.
Back to top Go down
Aster Selene
Aster Selene

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:42 am

It's got 9 chapters so far and comes out every month (I think the scanlators are one chapter behind).

Kinda like a fanfic. Slightly OOC, but hilariously funny. I love Yuki in that manga.
Back to top Go down
BenignUser
BenignUser

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:53 am

lol I just went to mangafox and saw you were the contributor for chapter 8.

Ah, so it's a monthly thing. I didn't know that. I just thought the scanlators were slow in their releases and didn't notice the pattern in release dates. I definitely want to give it a read now. Heh ^_^
Back to top Go down
Aster Selene
Aster Selene

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:54 am

What can I say? Nobody had uploaded it and I had gone through painstaking trouble extracting all the individual pictures from onemanga (because YaoiPwr's original release somehow got corrupted) and it was going to be a few days before they figured it out and reuploaded and...well, I was impatient. ^^
Back to top Go down
BenignUser
BenignUser

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:57 am

Hehe, so dedicated! Smile
Back to top Go down
Aster Selene
Aster Selene

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:52 am

Hey, BenignUser - this may interest you.

Translation of the Sneaker Preview of the 10th novel. We're getting there! ^^

(MediaFire) (MegaUpload)
Back to top Go down
BenignUser
BenignUser

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Wow. You are seriously the most awesome person ever. :O

I read this IMMEDIATELY when I saw your post! That preview was soooo awesome. I can't wait for the real deal. I like completely geeked out when spoilerspoiler - Asakura showed up to save Kyon's butt - spoilerspoiler. Even she get's a crowning moment of awesome. =o

It was interesting seeing her little interaction with Kimidori. She's like "Kimidori wouldn't lift a finger to help you" but then she was also keeping an eye on him at the cafe in Volume 9, no? Yikes, I can't wait for volume 10 to be fully released. This is getting soooo good!

And just imagine that three-way battle animated...!
Back to top Go down
Aster Selene
Aster Selene

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Ah, KyoAni announced they will likely (likely) they will no longer animate any more Haruhi after that movie (which just got subbed and video-edited for quality - woot!)...

But Ryouko was awesome. Psychotic, still, but awesome. And we get more into Kimidori's personality too - sticks straight to the rules...

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuki~
Back to top Go down
ARCtheElite
::Ultimate::
ARCtheElite

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:34 am

No more Haruhi anime? Is sad now.

(Yeah, I got addicted...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~arctheelite
BenignUser
BenignUser

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:11 am

ARCtheElite wrote:
No more Haruhi anime? Is sad now.

(Yeah, I got addicted...)

Mwahaha, join the dark side Matt~
Back to top Go down
ARCtheElite
ARCtheElite

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:18 am

It's more of the cynical side and the unemotional side...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~arctheelite
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished   What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Aster Selene has Been Doing Since She Vanished
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge :: ::And Out In The Real World...:: :: Current Affairs-
Jump to: