Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awesome ^,^

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bullet Trains... in America?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Catching Rain
::Champion::
Catching Rain

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Bullet Trains... in America? Empty
PostSubject: Bullet Trains... in America?   Bullet Trains... in America? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:17 am

So I was watching the local news the other morning as I was getting ready for school, and I heard a little blurb about passenger trains going to be the next big highway project, if not bigger than in Eisenhower's time. I suppose Obama's trying to take after European and Asian countries by improving public transportation?? I dunno, but I'm super excited. I mean, we still have Amtrak, but that's mostly across the Midwest, and it's SUPER slow - a car trip that would take seven hours normally would take like, 14 hours with a layover. D: And Amtrak used to be really big.

But now I'm hearing about high-speed trains. Where I live, I've heard it's only going to be 80 or 90 mph (which is still a lot faster than Amtrak), but I've heard that the trains they're building in California could rival the Shinkansen in Japan. O_O That's freaking AMAZING. I think they said, like, 200 mph for the trains in California, versus the 300 km/h Shinkansen (which is like, 186 mph). THAT'S FREAKING INSANE.

Your thoughts on the subject?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/891682/
xReadItAndWeepx
::Rookie::
::Rookie::
xReadItAndWeepx

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Trains... in America?   Bullet Trains... in America? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:38 pm

That sounds cool.

On the other hand, I'd probably be terrified at the same time. I'd be wondering what would happen if something going as fast as a bullet train crashed...
Back to top Go down
Na-cat
::DigiDestined::
::DigiDestined::
Na-cat

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Trains... in America?   Bullet Trains... in America? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:12 pm

High speed trains are brilliant!

... I just got back home via a 198 mph train Smile

I tend to wonder how any vehicle I happen to be in would crash. The terror chases away boredom on long journeys and makes you appreciate the hard work that went into it all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1457263/
Catching Rain
Catching Rain

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Trains... in America?   Bullet Trains... in America? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:37 am

I suppose they think of stuff like that and make sure they fight against it happening...? Like, maybe they have only one train per rail line or something equally preventive. I can't wait until 2012 or 2013, when they should be finished! I've always wanted to ride a bullet train! I only rode a train for the first time in my LIFE in the summer of 2008, and that was in Munich. Several thousand miles away from home. But they're bringing them here! I'm so excited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/891682/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Trains... in America?   Bullet Trains... in America? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bullet Trains... in America?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge :: ::And Out In The Real World...:: :: Current Affairs-
Jump to: