Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awesome ^,^

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aana
::Gennai::
Aana

Number of posts : 2312
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice. Empty
PostSubject: Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice.   Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:20 pm

The best Yakari I have ever read. And I don't just love it because of the pairing, the way in which it has been written is completely mind-blowing. It's probably the best written fanfic I have ever read (and like I said, I'm not being biased on the pairing). We've struck gold here.

It is written from Hikari's perspective. And it's not the usual "I'm shy, I'm cute, I love my brothers best friend-who also happens to be my best friends brother. La-lalala." Hikari is a mute, and through out the story of author (Aizlynn) describes the difficulties of being a mute. It really makes you think about how much the average human being takes for granted. (I actually didn't talk for the rest of the day after reading this... just to try and get a taste of how difficult life as a mute must be. It was... strangely uplifting? Try it, and see if you get my meaning).

It's not completed, it's up to chapter eight. And even though Aizlynn doesn't write too much fanfiction at the moment, I've just recieved a lovely review-reply telling me... well, I'll quote it to you:

Quote :
I read this review and absolutely had to reply. Yes, I know I'm not doing so
much fanfiction right now, but I am writing the updates. I just refuse to
update until I've written enough chapters to either complete the story, or
that I will be able to continue constantly updating until the story is done.
What you wrote about my story really impacted my thinking. I was like,
'mind-blowing!?' because that's never been said about my writing before. I
figured okay, but never mind-blowing. It really made me want to update. I'm
actually writing a chapter to add to the story, but it's not really an update.
It's the same chapter, only in Yamato's point of view. I know it's cheap, but
I think when I'm finished I'll add it, with a note explaining everything.
This really motivated me. I'm not at all kidding. I'm going to start this up
again, for real this time. Thank you so much for your kind review. And even
though I probably won't get many reviews because of my long hiatus, at least
I'll know that it was written well. Thank you so much.

*glows*

So, not only is she a great writer, she's incredibly nice too Cool

Anyway, as she's worried she won't get many reviews... I told her I'd recommend it here.
So please, Yakari fans (or those who are open to expanding their minds) please read, review, and read again. You'd have to be absolutely stupid not too.

Oh, and the link is HERE!!

Check it out, and review. Aizlynn really deserves it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1614494/
Potgenie
::Ultimate::
::Ultimate::
Potgenie

Number of posts : 2058
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice.   Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:13 am

Seeing how I like Takari, I'm not much of a Yakari fan... but you're right, this fic is good! Smile Tiny spelling mistakes here and there, but other than that, it's very well-written. I agree that the story gives their relationship more depth because Hikari actually has plently of character and pluck, so it's not the kind of usual cliched stuff you see so often on ff.net. This might actually be a Yakari that I'll follow through! Thanks for the recommendation!

(And Aana, you didn't talk for the entire day? Haha it'd be difficult for me to manage that. I once tried closing my eyes for five minutes while walking on the streets, just to experience how it's like being blind. It's a pretty unsettling feeling and I doubt I even managed five minutes!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/599590/
smile-in-ur-sleep
::Champion::
::Champion::
smile-in-ur-sleep

Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice.   Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:28 am

That was a lovely Yakari so far!
I say MOAR PLZ.
Back to top Go down
http://bamboobones.tumblr.com
Aana
Aana

Number of posts : 2312
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice.   Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:00 pm

It was really hard communicating... and interesting how much better I could empathize with people. Which was nice...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1614494/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice.   Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fanfic Recommendation:: To Hear My Voice.
Page 1 of 1