Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awesome ^,^

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Digimon Dreamer
::DigiEgg::
Digimon Dreamer

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon Empty
PostSubject: Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon   Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:30 am

I decided to do a challenge given out by QueenGatomon to do a birthday fic for her birthday. I had fun writing this story, so I hope you like it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUEENGATOMON!!!!!!

Title:: Kindness
Main Characters:: Ken, Hikari
Pairings:: Ken/Hikari
Summary of story:: Ken is having a birthday party but was too shy to invite his friends. But what happens when he gets a knock at his door...
Phrases to include:: "Kindness comes in many forms. They are usually close, but not easily seen. Sometimes you have to look past what your physical eyes can see…"

Kindness

By Digimon Dreamer

“So honey, are your friends coming soon?” His mother’s voice took Ken out of his thoughts as he turned to her. “Yes, soon…” Ken answered his mother with a smile. “Well good, I’ll be in the kitchen finishing up the cake if you need me.” His mother said with her usual cheery attitude as she walked out of the room.

Ken sighed after she left. He lied. His friends weren’t coming and it as his fault. He was too shy to invite them to his apartment for a birthday party. It was Ken’s birthday but no one would be there. Ken sighed for a second time as he remembered the other day…
~~~~~~~
Ken held five cards in his hand as he went to school. They were invitations to Ken’s birthday party and he was inviting all his friends. Ken started to feel nervous about giving the cards to them. He had the same thing happen when he was inviting his friends to his Christmas party a few months back. The same shyness feeling started to reel again inside him as he walked closer to school. “No, I will not let my shyness mess with me. I’ll give them the cards at lunch.”
Later at lunch, Ken felt he wanted to put the cards in his friend’s lockers. He got ready to put the first one in Daisuke’s locker, but his hand twitched with nervousness and Ken had to put the cards back into his backpack. His nerves slowly calmed down. He took the card out to try again, but took too long to try. At that moment Hikari walked over to Ken and said, “Hi, what ‘cha doing?” Ken was startled by Hikari’s question and hastily put the card into his backpack. “S-sorry got to go!” Ken yelled trying to run past Hikari, but actually ran into her and spilled his backpack on the floor. All his papers and school objects went everywhere. Ken started to franticly pick up all his things, just shoving them back into his backpack. When he thought he got everything, he ran back to class not once looking back at the confused Hikari.

~~~~~~~
Ken never got another chance to give out his cards, so his friends never got them. That was why Ken was now laying on the couch in his living room waiting for the party that would never happen. “Well its my own fault for being too shy.” Ken said to nobody. “There is nothing I can do about it now. This party would have been a waste anyhow…”
Knock,…knock
The door was shaking from the knocks that just sounded at Ken’s door. Who could that be…, Ken thought as he opened the door.

“Well its about time buddy! Lets party!” said Daisuke, as he ran in into the apartment. After him walked in Miyako, Iori, Takeru, and last Hikari with a big grin plastered on her face. “But h-how did you-” Ken stammered but Daisuke stopped him and said, “We got the invitations!” He held up one of Ken’s cards. “Ohhhh its your little friends and their Digimon, well I got some food for them!” said Ken’s mother holding an abundance of junk food. She put the heap of food on the floor and immediately the Digimon started to rummage though the food. The digidestined sat themselves down at the table for the fun to begin.
~~~~~~~
Boy did it! It was chaos that ensued though out the party. But Ken couldn’t seem to concentrate. This wasn’t going to happen, but now they are here. How?! That was all that went though Ken’s mind as the party continued, but soon enough it was time to open presents before the kids would go for the cake. “Open, mine first Ken!” said Daisuke, who sat next to Iori because he couldn’t get the seat next to Hikari before Takeru got there. “Okay, okay calm down…” But Ken knew it was meaningless, this was Daisuke we were talking about. Ken got a circle shaped present out of the mix and opened it. It was a soccer ball. Of course! This was going to be interesting…
~~~~~~~
Soon Ken had one present left, it was Hikari’s. Ken opened it, and what was there was a card. One of his invitation cards. He opened it and it had an extra message in it.
Dear Ken,
Happy birthday Ken, I got you two presents:
The first is the book included with this card
and the other is my gift of friendship.
Its okay, there is no reason to be afraid,
just remember we are all your friends!
PS: Next time you might want to see if you picked up everything.
Your friend,
Hikari

Ken gasped as he turned to Hikari. She had the same huge grin on her face as she had earlier. “Look under the card.” was all she said. Ken looked and saw the book mentioned in the card. Overcoming shyness for dummies! Ken turned to Hikari with a WTF look on his face. “Its our little secret…” Hikari whispered to Ken putting a hand over his mouth. A blush grew on his face and Hikari laughed at his silliness. Ken sighed as a memory came back to him at this moment.
~~~~~~~~
I used to know a saying…

Kindness:
Kindness comes in many forms.
They are usually close, but not easily seen.
Sometimes you have to look past what your physical eyes can see…

I never seemed to know what it meant, even when I was a genius. But it wasn’t as if I cared what a kindness saying meant back then anyway. But now I do see...

The kindness that is lighting my life today is my friends!!!

~~~~~~~~
Ken smiled as he thought about it even more. With Hikari, Ken knew he would be able to overcome his shyness, and maybe even more…

“Happy Birthday Ken!!!”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon   Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:34 am

oh thankyou so much this is wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Digimon Dreamer
Digimon Dreamer

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon   Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:51 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Aana
::Gennai::
::Gennai::
Aana

Number of posts : 2312
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon   Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Pretty good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1614494/
emotionless-robot
::DigiDestined::
::DigiDestined::
emotionless-robot

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon   Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:37 am

Haha, love the name for the book XD

Overall, I thought that was pretty great!! Good job! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1587094/
Potgenie
::Ultimate::
::Ultimate::
Potgenie

Number of posts : 2058
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon   Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:35 am

This is a pretty nice twist of what might've happened if Ken hadn't had the courage to give out those christmas cards in that episode. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/599590/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon   Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Private challenge-Kindness:QueenGatomon
Page 1 of 1