Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awesome ^,^

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some fanfic recommendations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Timewitch
::Baby::
Timewitch

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Some fanfic recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:20 am

Two excellent unconvenctional romantic fanfics:
Only Hope (Sokeru)
Different Shades of Light (Yakari)

Two original character-centered fanfics that actually have a plot and some good dialogue too:
Warriors of the Sun and Moon
The Non-Tamer

Last edited by Timewitch on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1164257/Timewitch
smile-in-ur-sleep
::Champion::
::Champion::
smile-in-ur-sleep

Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:21 am

Oh, I've read the Yakari one before!
It's really good. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://bamboobones.tumblr.com
Aana
::Gennai::
Aana

Number of posts : 2312
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:25 am

Yakari!!
I'll have to read that tomorrow, I've got college in the morning!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1614494/

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:31 am

I did read the Yakari one too, it is really good but I didn't liked how poor TK got portrayed and ended so hurt, he did loved Kari a lot and she went and got mad at him just because he was hugging a girl, it was just a simple hug and she didn't even let TK explain and on top of that she goes and kisses with Matt when she still didn't broke up fully with him.

The fic is really well written with so much drama and all but still I felt it wasn't too fair with TK, though thing went worse in later chapters but you better read to see what I mean, I won't spoil anything.
Back to top Go down
Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:11 am

Wha! I just read the whole of that... straight through.
My eyes are sore and puffy, but I'm elated.

SOO GOOD!
(Though I agree LP, poor TK)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:41 am

Yeah, I felt the Kari used that of TK hugging that girl as her way to be able to break up with him since he was "cheating" on her, well according with Kari anyways sinc she didn't let him explain at all.

Since you already read it Aana you already saw how much that affected TK and what did he do when Kari dumped him.

I'm sorry for being blunt and I before saying anything else I apologize to all the ladies here because of what I'm about to say.

In my opinion Kari was a big bitch on that fic, and Matt didn't had the guts to tell her to first talk with TK (at least I don't remember, if he did then I apologize)

About Matt he did saw how was his brother and yet he kept making out with Kari in every chance he had, and Kari didn't faced him straight and that caused some bigger problem on the latests chapters, and that because she and Matt kept their love in secret that even Kari's parents thought she still was dating TK.

So sorry, I respect Yakari fans but in this case TK didn't deserved all that suffering, mostly since this fic can fall on what you have been commenting on the topic of delicate issues, mostly because on what TK fell into after Kari dumped him.

As I said, the plot is really well developed and the fic is really well written but it has OOC all over the reading ^^;
Back to top Go down
Timewitch
Timewitch

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:23 pm

Lord Pata wrote:

In my opinion Kari was a big bitch on that fic, and Matt didn't had the guts to tell her to first talk with TK (at least I don't remember, if he did then I apologize)

About Matt he did saw how was his brother and yet he kept making out with Kari in every chance he had, and Kari didn't faced him straight and that caused some bigger problem on the latests chapters, and that because she and Matt kept their love in secret that even Kari's parents thought she still was dating TK.
I think that's the point the fic tries to put across: that falling in love can make us act completely unlike ourselves and completely against our morals; it makes us weak, it makes us make mistakes.

You're right though, I felt bad for TK too. He's a nice guy, he didn't deserve such misfortune.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1164257/Timewitch

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 4:16 am

Yeah the poor guy, I mean okay, Kari wasn't loving him anymore like she used to be but she should have talked about it with him or something, I know I'm asking for too much perfection but we can still have some conflict even if one of them comes clean, mostly since there is still the issue for Matt feeling bad for his brother, Tai having hard time seeing his sister dating his best friend and so on, TK has been suffering almost the whole fic, that was too much if you ask me o.O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:32 am

Yakari is one of the fairings I tend not to read. because:
1. Matt is too old for her.
2. Hello can you imagine Tai's reaction if his best friend is dating his little sister?
See this is why I don't like Kari in 02 she gets too much attention you dont see Mimi, Sora or Yolei getting that
Back to top Go down
Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:35 pm

Ok guys, this is not the debate thread Smile

And I love that Yakari because it's well written, an interesting plot line, the author herself is lovely and the actual story is realistic.

Now no more debating!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:09 pm

That I don't discuss it, I have talked with the authress and she is very nice indeed, is just that it was too unfair for poor TK.

Ah well let's get back on topic that is recommendations then ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:57 am

he was definetly OOC but Lord Pata in my fics TK is always OOC and you seem to like them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:02 am

I don't see TK much OOC in your fics, you even treat all the characters equally, you actually kept that flavour of them not giving up in the battles as well that strong friendship they share with each other and their digimon. ^^
Back to top Go down
Allegro Rao
::DigiEgg::
::DigiEgg::

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: fanfic recomendation   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:02 pm

according to flixemon of this here forum, digimon real world dats, wrtitten by me is supposed to be really good.

i'll let y'all decide for yourselves if your interested though bear in mind this will not feature any characters from the show for a while to come. it's a completely original story.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4931588/1/Digimon_RealWorld_Dats

here's the link. check it out for yourself
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some fanfic recommendations   Some fanfic recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some fanfic recommendations
Page 1 of 1