Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awesome ^,^

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
smile-in-ur-sleep
::Champion::
smile-in-ur-sleep

Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2008-09-06

S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE] Empty
PostSubject: S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE]   S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:57 pm

So, I'm looking for a blank floppy disc, and look at what I found!
My first fanfiction ever!
It just HAD to be a songfic.
I hope you're all happy I found this!

Standard disclaimers apply.
I do own Kari's semi-formal dress!
I wore it to mine this past february.
But, it obviously had a different brooch.

Dance with Me

-Kari-

I sat up in my bed, yawning. My alarm had just gone off.

“Would you just shut up?”

I hit the snooze button on her alarm and got ready for the day. Passing by the calendar, I noticed a day circled with words written inside the two by two inch square.

Semi-formal Dance, 7:30 – 11:00pm

“Oh no, that’s tonight? Why didn’t I think of it sooner?” I gasped, taking my clothes into the bathroom and hurrying to leave for school. As I was leaving home, I nearly forgot my schoolbag, having to go back inside to grab it. Just as I was departing from my apartment, I saw T.K., Yolei, and Ken walking by.

“Hey, Kari!” they exclaimed together.

“Hey, guys!” I called back. I ran up to my friends, making conversation as I could. Sometimes, I failed miserably to keep talking because my best friend, T.K. was there. I couldn’t talk right with him around. As much as I tried to hide it, I was in love with him. Everyone but T.K. knew, even if it was very obvious.

It was his eyes. No, his hair. No, not even that. It was his smile. What am I saying; it’s all that and more!

“So, Yolei, are you and Ken going to the dance?” T.K. suddenly spoke up to break the silence.

Yolei looked down. “Oh, no, well, I am, but Ken’s going out of town this weekend and he’s leaving right after school. So I guess I’m going single with Kari here.”

T.K.'s eyes suddenly lightened up. “Kari, you’re not going with anyone?”

“Of course not, the only person that’s asked me is Davis, and we all know I’d rather not go out with him, even if it’s just some stupid dance.”

“Oh, well, I guess…” He trailed off his sentence.

-T.K.-

Why can’t I just ask her to the dance? I want to be with her so badly! Maybe if I just hint at it, then she’ll get my point! Wait, that’s stupid. Maybe I should flat out ask her. But what if she thinks I’m just another Davis. Of course I’m not, she’s my best friend! What if she doesn’t want to be with her best friend?

This continued on for my entire math class, that I just happen to have to go through sitting beside Kari. Today she was wearing a pink, long sleeved shirt that fell off her shoulders with a white and pink striped tank top underneath. Oh, god, she looked so good! Of course, she always looks perfect in my eyes. Each time she wears that combination, I get the urge to kiss her neck lovingly. Sometimes, I can resist by focusing on the lessons, but today, I slowly leaned in…

“Mr. Takaishi? Would you mind listening for once in your life?” The math teacher exclaimed to me. I was daydreaming, once again, about Kari.

“Hmm? Oh, I’m sorry.”

“Well then, let’s not have that happen again. Now, as I was saying… to find the slope…”

Kari looked over at me. “Are you alright, Takeru?”

I love that only Kari calls me by my full name. It’s sweet. I’m the only one that lets her, anyways, and I do the same.

“Oh, yeah, Hikari, I’m fine, I was just thinking about something…”

“Really? Like what?” I noticed she was smiling at me; she was even a little red.

Is Kari blushing?

“Well, I… uh…” The bell to signal the end of first period rang.

Saved by the bell, I guess. I thought, as I rushed through the rest of my classes.

-Kari-

“I have nothing to wear!”

I was getting exasperated. I had gone through my entire wardrobe. Twice. Yolei’s clothing wouldn’t fit me, so that was no use. Suddenly, she got an idea.

“Kari, why don’t we go shopping? We can get dresses for the dance there!”

We took turns trying on dresses. Yolei found a navy blue tank dress, as I chose a strapless, violet, full-length dress with black tulle overtop. Even after all that, I still felt that it needed something, mainly because the front kept slipping down over my bra, but I had no time to get something for it. We quickly bought shoes, and then ran over to Yolei’s house to get changed.

“So, Kari,” Yolei asked, as we walked to school, “What do you think T.K. will think when he sees you?”

“Yolei, I don’t… I mean, I don’t know what… is it that obvious?”

“I think everyone but T.K. knows that you like him. Maybe tonight you’ll be able to tell him that you do! You never know, he could like you back.”

It couldn’t be that perfect, right? I wondered, as we continued on their path, nearly tripping on our heels.

-T.K.-

I took my dress shirt out of my closet. It definitely needed ironing, but I had no time for mundane things.

“Hey, Matt?”

“Yeah? What’s up, bro?” Matt yelled back from his room. He, himself, was getting ready for a date with Mimi.

“You think I could borrow your old black blazer?”

He laughed. “Still trying to figure out how to impress Kari, eh? Aren’t you two going out yet?”

I was getting annoyed at him. He seemed to enjoy picking at that subject. He came into my room and handed me the jacket. I realized that I needed something else for her. Tonight needed to be perfect.

“Matt, would you mind stopping at the jewelers? I need to pick something up.”

Once we arrived, I stopped in and found it. With a stroke of luck, I had enough to buy it. It was perfect for her. I ran back into the car, and we drove off to the dance.

-Normal-

Kari and Yolei arrived just as the dance was starting. They went in and danced for a while until they got tired. They stood on the sidelines, drinking cans of soda. Every once in a while, Kari had agreed to dance with Davis when a slow song came over the speakers. She wasn’t enjoying a moment of it.

Why isn’t Takeru here yet? Oh, I wish he’d come.

Yolei was suddenly running off. In the middle of the dance floor, stood her love, Ken, with a bouquet of red roses.

“Why… how? Weren’t you supposed to be leaving tonight?”

He smiled back at her. “It’s not that hard to delay my parents, maybe it’s because they like you so much. But not as much as I love you.” They locked in an embrace.

Kari became worried at eight thirty. Her Takeru was an hour late.

What’s taking him so long? What if he decided not to come? What if he thought I wasn’t going?

Her worries were soon dashed. There, entering the dance was T.K., wearing his brother’s old black blazer, a white dress shirt, unbuttoned a bit, and jeans.

He looks stunning! Oh god, he’s perfect! He looks like an angel.

His eyes met hers from opposite sides of the dance. He only had one thing in his mind.

She’s beautiful.

She stood still as he ran over to her, blue box wrapped in a bow in his hands. He stopped in front of her.

“Hi, Hikari.” Even though it was dark, they could see that the other was blushing.

“H-hi, Takeru.”

His mind went blank at the sound of her voice. He couldn’t pay attention to the music anymore; he only heard her bell-like tone.

“I am so, so sorry, I’m late, of course. There was traffic coming from the store, and I thought I’d get here on time, but I co-”

“It’s fine.” She smiled. “Wait, what store?” She noticed the blue box in his hands.

“Oh, yeah. I was thinking I’d get you something.” T.K. handed Kari the box. She pulled the bow, as it untied swiftly with one tug, pulled the lid off the box, and she gasped at the sight. Inside the box was a brooch. The brooch was in the shape of her crest, the crest of light.

“Oh, Takeru,” she exclaimed, as she wrapped her arms around him, “It’s perfect!” Kari immediately attached it to her dress, in the middle of her dress. It kept it up quite well. She put the box on a table in the back of the room, and then she tied the ribbon into a bow around her best friend’s wrist.

Kari’s favourite song came over the speakers.

“Hikari, will you dance with me?”

“Of course I will, Takeru.” Kari happily put her arms around his neck, as T.K. slowly, nervously, put his arms around her waist.

Oh, god. This is perfect! I can tell her everything now that she’s in my arms, oh, she’s so beautiful, but that’s an understatement.

Love of mine
Someday you will die
But I'll be close behind
I'll follow you into the dark
No blinding light
Or tunnels to gates of white
Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for the hint of a spark

T.K. watched as Kari got closer and closer to him in every step she took.

If heaven and hell decide
That they both are satisfied
And illuminate the "No"s
On their vacancy signs
If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

“T.K.?” she asked him, “Why am I the only one allowed to call you by your full name?”

“The way you say it, Kari,” he answered, “It’s truly music to my ears.”

In catholic school
As vicious as Roman rule
I got my knuckles bruised
By a lady in black
And I held my tongue
As she told me, "Son,
Fear is the heart of love"
So I never went back

“Why do you let me call you Hikari?”

“Because, well, you are the only one that says it and makes me so happy to hear my name.”

And illuminate the "No"s
On their vacancy signs
When your soul embarks

“Hikari?” T.K. stopped dancing for a moment to get her attention.

“Yes?” She replied; looking into his blue eyes, trying to figure what was on his mind at that moment.

“Would you make me the happiest person alive, more than you already do, and go out with me?”

You and me
Have seen everything to see
From Bangkok to Calgary
And the soles of your shoes
Are all worn down
The time for sleep is now
But it's nothing to cry about
Because we'll hold each other soon
In the blackest of rooms

“Oh, Takeru, yes, of course I will!”

He replied to this response with a kiss on her bare neck.

And illuminate the "No"s
On their vacancy signs
When your soul embarks

“I love you, Takeru.”

“I love you too, Hikari.”

T.K.’s arms wrapped closer to Kari. They leaned as close as they could and locked in a kiss.

Last edited by smile-in-ur-sleep on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bamboobones.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE]   S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 5:36 am

wasn't this the fic you couldn't find after you deleted it from ff.net?

Is really good by the way ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE]   S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:03 am

Brilliant! Songfics have their own special way of bringing mood to a story. Great job!
Back to top Go down
smile-in-ur-sleep
smile-in-ur-sleep

PostSubject: Re: S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE]   S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:04 pm

Lord Pata wrote:
wasn't this the fic you couldn't find after you deleted it from ff.net?

Is really good by the way ^^

Yeah, it is!
It's the one that I was upset about losing. TwT
Back to top Go down
Aana
::Gennai::
::Gennai::
Aana

Number of posts : 2312
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE]   S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:59 pm

Love love love love love love ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1614494/
emotionless-robot
::DigiDestined::
::DigiDestined::
emotionless-robot

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE]   S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:43 pm

So dreamy and romantic...

--sighs--
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1587094/
Tippy
::In-Training::
::In-Training::
Tippy

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE]   S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:58 pm

It was brilliant!
Back to top Go down
http://warriorofnight.socialgo.com/
smile-in-ur-sleep
smile-in-ur-sleep

PostSubject: Re: S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE]   S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:58 pm

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Catching Rain
Catching Rain

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE]   S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:50 am

Awaaaaaaaaaaaah~! So cute!!! I absolutely loved it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/891682/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE]   S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S: Dance with Me [OHEMGEE]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge :: FanFiction:: Your Stories :: Illegal-
Jump to: