Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awesome ^,^

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PRIVATE CHALLENGE-Davis the Veggie: SugarSpiral

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

PRIVATE CHALLENGE-Davis the Veggie: SugarSpiral Empty
PostSubject: PRIVATE CHALLENGE-Davis the Veggie: SugarSpiral   PRIVATE CHALLENGE-Davis the Veggie: SugarSpiral Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:15 pm

Here is SugarSpiral's Private Challenge, Davis the Veggie.

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon.

The Broccoli’s gaze was unwavering. It stared Davis down with more conviction than June when she tried to wrangle a first kiss out of her now boyfriend, Jim Kido. The broccoli’s green exterior didn’t fool Davis—beneath that bushy stalk was a cesspool of concentrated evil.

“Davis, eat your vegetables,” Bunni Motomiya scolded, eyeing her son’s plate, where the broccoli remained untouched. “Honestly, I think you’re old enough for me not to fight you everyday!”

Davis rolled his eyes.

Bunni started clearing some of t he dishes away, turning around to speak to her husband Shuzo, and June, who were both finished eating. “Could you two get some plates and forks for dessert?”

“Sure, Mom,” June said, following her dad over to the cutlery drawer.

Davis scowled at the offending vegetable on his plate. “All right, Broccoli, this is how it’s gonna be,” he muttered. “I’m not gonna eat you, and you’re not gonna tell,” he hissed, and tossed the vegetable at the trash bin.

“That’s more like it,” Bunni smiled at her son, coming back to the table with June and Shuzo. She set a large chocolate cake on the tablecloth. “I bought this for dessert, dig in everyone.”

Davis cut himself a generous slice, oblivious to the broccoli that lurked behind the trash can, waiting to strike….

Very Happy Scene Break Very Happy

That night, Davis lay awake in the dark watching shadows creep along the ceiling, cast by the glow of the moon through his window. One of the shadows bore a startling resemblance to a piece of broccoli.

Weird.

Davis rolled over and tried to fall asleep. Suddenly, he felt himself falling. Fearing an earthquake, he jumped out of bed; but something other than an earthquake was wrong. He felt strange.

He looked down at himself and froze in horror, seeing green and smelling strongly of vegetable. The reality sunk in quickly.
He had turned into a piece of broccoli.

“What’s going on here?” Davis demanded his fear mounting as he stared at his stalk for a body. Hs hands flew up and found a bushy, dark green mass where his hair should be. “No…no, this isn’t possible!”

He ran toward his door, but it vanished before his leafy hand could reach for the knob. Whirling around, caught off balance by his sudden change in form, he lurched for the window. It shrank back into its frame, and disappeared.

“HELP!” Davis screamed. “Why is this happening to me?”

“Look deep inside yourself, I think you’ll find the answer,” a deep voice said. Out of the shadows, a massive piece of broccoli emerged, flanked by hundreds more of the green vegetables.

Davis shuddered. How could so many of them fit into one room?

“Hold on,” Davis said boldly, finding his voice. “Broccoli doesn’t walk, it doesn’t talk; you’re nothing but lousy vegetables!”

The Chief Broccoli grinned. “So are you.”

“Stay away from me!” Davis shouted. The Keeper of Courage felt his heart pounding wildly, as if it would burst right out of his chest.

Something gleamed in the darkness, and his eyes widened in horror as he realized what it was. The broccolis were armed with knives and forks, deadly sharp and menacing. The Chief Broccoli grinned hungrily, his eyes alight with vengeance.

“You wouldn’t eat us, now we’re going to eat you!” the Chief Broccoli declared as the others closed in on Davis, their utensils bearing down on him.

“NOOOO!” a bloodcurdling scream escaped his lips, and Davis threw up his arms to protect himself. He backed into a corner…and fell out of bed.

“Oof!” Davis sputtered as he hit the floor of his bedroom. He looked around. The broccolis were gone…and he was human again, thank God. It had all been a crazy dream.

Davis stood up shakily, and crept down the hall to the kitchen. Ever so quietly, he opened the fridge and took out a stalk of broccoli. Munching on the vegetable as he walked back to his room, Davis vowed to eat all of his vegetables from now on.

The End!
Back to top Go down
Aana
::Gennai::
::Gennai::
Aana

Number of posts : 2312
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE CHALLENGE-Davis the Veggie: SugarSpiral   PRIVATE CHALLENGE-Davis the Veggie: SugarSpiral Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:31 pm

^,^ This makes me giggle everytime!
Davis' characterization is perfect ^,^
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1614494/
emotionless-robot
::DigiDestined::
::DigiDestined::
emotionless-robot

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE CHALLENGE-Davis the Veggie: SugarSpiral   PRIVATE CHALLENGE-Davis the Veggie: SugarSpiral Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:34 am

Davis is my hero in this story... at least one of us is eating their vegetables.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1587094/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE CHALLENGE-Davis the Veggie: SugarSpiral   PRIVATE CHALLENGE-Davis the Veggie: SugarSpiral Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PRIVATE CHALLENGE-Davis the Veggie: SugarSpiral
Page 1 of 1