Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awesome ^,^

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead to the World

Go down 
+2
BandGeek99
emotionless-robot
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
emotionless-robot
::DigiDestined::
emotionless-robot

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:04 pm

Hey guys...

Guess no one has really been on lately, huh? (Can't say I'm innocent either...)

I suppose I was just wondering how everyone was doing. I know you're all busy. Heck, if I get any busier, I may never surface from the doom of homework again. What on earth possessed me to volunteer to take extra advanced courses?
(Craziness, is the answer.)
I hope everyone had/is having a good winter break. Mine was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, so there won't be any complaining from me.

... that's about it. I just felt like rambling for a while.

XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1587094/
BandGeek99
::Rookie::
BandGeek99

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:34 am

Hi! Don't worry, you're not alone!! Business has eaten my soul.

So I'm still on break and will be finishing my semester shortly. Thank God and all that is holy. Its been nice so far--we finally got snow!! It was practically a blizzard, it was kinda scary. Came two days after Christmas, of course... (How is it that I live in NEW ENGLAND and we didn't have snow for THAT LONG?!)

I finished off the school's production of Ken Ludwig's "Leading Ladies" with flying colors. Our school's principal has his PhD in theatre, so our productions are always really, really high-caliber and really, really professional. This year was one of the best productions EVER, and I'm very glad I got to be a part of it Smile

And I just broke up with my boyfriend. So I'm also feeling pretty good for finally just having ripped the bandaid off and done it instead of dragging it out to make a huge Broadway production out of it.

What classes are you taking? Extra advanced you say?

Happy New Year! See y'all in 2011~
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1293980/BandGeek99#
ARCtheElite
::Ultimate::
ARCtheElite

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:02 am

Hehe. Good to see everyone back (or rather, two people)

Mmmmm... awesome things have been happening. Mostly in the field of conducting, as I've been losing interest in almost everything else.

And it's been busy, but it's a good busyness. Oddly enough, I'm looking forward to April. Mostly because third year/junior would have ended, but also, I'm sick of the cold already. And I call myself Canadian. Evil or Very Mad

It would be nice to get together again. I don't think I've talked to anyone from here much since... September.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~arctheelite
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:24 am

Sounds like a couple of you are doing well, which is good to hear.

I must say though, if you want snow, come steal it from me. I would prefer to have a green Christmas rather than a snowy one...
Wow, sounds like the play was a success. Our school does their yearly play in April, I think. They just finished auditions and the cast list is coming out at the end of the week. A few of my friends are actually eager for school to resume just so they can see who got which part. Myself, I'm not a theatre person. (Or a conducting person).

My time has been consumed with homework since September. Have either of you heard of the IB Programme? It's like AP. I'm not doing the whole programme, but I was coerced into signing up for a few extra IB courses this semester, and it's ruining my life (not that I had one to begin with...). The IB History course was my "extra", I suppose. That and IB French (let's not get started on that one...) but the IB History course was a lot different than I imagined. First off, there's two people in the class including me, and the teacher hasn't taught us ANYTHING. It's been entirely self-taught and that got really frustrating at times because I wasn't expecting that when I signed up. That aside, I really like the material we're covering - a bunch of different wars. I'm not sure what it is about wars that makes me happy, but I've learned that I love learning about them XD
I also have two provincial exams coming up in January (French and English). I'm not too worried about them, but it's not going to fun, especially with all of my other courses.
AND, to top it all off, I have to figure out what I'm doing next year, which is difficult because I don't know if we'll be posted or not. There's been talk of us moving to Kingston, but that might not be until next year or the year after, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to do...

... and that was my really long rant about school. Let's see, what else have I been doing? Not much. I actually got some writing done on Christmas Eve. Maybe I'll post what I have and let you guys take a look. I think I've lost my touch, tbh. DX
I've also been looking for a job. The city I live in is ridiculous when it comes to employment. You either have to have a load of previous experience working (which I don't) or you have to know influential people in order to get a job.
That, or it's Tim Hortons, which frankly is too fast-paced for me.
I guess these past four months have just been frustrating and stressful for me. I don't know about anyone else, but I am looking forward to summer more than ever.

How was your Christmases/holidays then? New Years/New Years Eve?
Back to top Go down
ARCtheElite
ARCtheElite

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:26 am

Haha, I just slept and did nothing. Which is making me slightly nervous for my piano lesson this Friday, since I have to make it look like I practiced for four weeks when I only have one.

Any reason you're moving to Kingston? You should come to Toronto/Hamilton; it'll be the biggest gathering of forum people (to the extent of my knowledge, anyway)
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:33 am

Sleeping is good. I can admit that I've been doing a lot more of that lately than usual.

I've actually thought about going out to Toronto to have a "Forum Meeting", but then again I have no idea when we'll be moving. Most likely summer of 2012. I'll keep you updated XD
The reason we'd be moving is simply that my dad's in the military. I'm just thankful we haven't been posted too often, and at least it's not Yellowknife. One of my friends got posted there. All of her Facebook statuses are now something along the lines of "FML".

P.S. I've always wanted to play the piano...
Back to top Go down
BandGeek99
BandGeek99

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:33 am

Snow. I WILL BE TAKING THAT... *steals copious amounts of snow*

We always do ours in the fall at our school. Our rival school, where some of my besties go, they do TWO plays every year. Sometimes a straight play and a musical or two musicals. Depends. (This irks me, because they get to do musicals because their school is apparently rich while we can't afford it due to our budgets. Then again, they don't spend nearly as much on the sets and technical aspects as we do... Hm...) I hope your friend made it, that sounds really exciting!! Very Happy What show?

Ew. Self-teaching sucks. (That's how I'm making it through my math course right now, because our teacher seems incapable of explaining how to do anything to any of us.) Good luck!!! You're brave... But I agree, there's just something so fascinating about wars that makes you want to learn about them... I'm the same way with WWI and WWII.

Job. That reminds me, maybe I should get one, too. Unfortunately, the only place I know that will hire me for sure is a grocery store down the street who seems to over-employ teenagers. So I'm thinkin' that maybe it's not such a great idea. Eh. Whatever. I'm sure you can find a job--I have complete faith. Very Happy

Christmas was relaxing. We stayed home, since our family was, well, kind of sick. I spent winter break lying around playing Final Fantasy, watching Fullmetal Alchemist, working on my novel, and hanging out with random people in and out. New Years was laid back--I went to a friend's house and we had a bonfire. My sweatshirt still smells like smoke. xD

I hope things get less stressful for you, darlin' Sad I have an idea of how awful that must be. *hugs* It will get better, trust me. Write. It vents frustration wonderfully. And when you're done venting? Hello, little delete button...!
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:58 pm

The musical our school is doing this year is called "Wide Open Spaces". It's set somewhere in Alberta and they'll be doing an assortment of country songs (The Dixie Chicks, Lady Antebellum, etc.) Not sure how I feel about it, but we'll see.

Right now for history we're doing the Cold War. It's our last unit before exams, so hopefully I can last through the month without tearing my teacher's head off. I really like her as a person, but she has a way of teaching that makes learning really hard and frustrating.
And, of course, she loaded up on the holiday homework and gave me a bunch of videos to watch about the Cold War. Let's just say those videos still have dust on them...

Oh yeah! I meant to ask you how your novel was coming along. You said you were going to do NaNoWriMo... how'd that turn out?
New Year's Eve, for me, was a party at my friends house. Food and Disney movies all around Razz

Haha, I will for sure do some vent-writing. Thanks XD
Back to top Go down
ARCtheElite
ARCtheElite

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:10 am

Cool. I've always wanted to be in the military (well, not always, but it's good pay...). Only I have horrible eyesight and can't run to save my life.

How long does a posting usually last? Staying in Yellowknife would be... painful.
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:57 pm

My cousing just joined the military. He started taking engineering at university, but then flunked within the first semester, so the army may or may not kick him out... surprisingly, though, he did get in even with his bad eyesight.
As did my dad, but then he got laser eye surgery and can see PERFECTLY. He loves to shove this in my face...

Postings vary quite a bit... two years is usually the minimum, but I've heard of postings that last a year or less. We got lucky - we were posted to one place for nine years, and now we'll have lived in this city for close to seven or eight years before we move again. Not bad. If we do get posted to Yellowknife though, you can bet I won't be going. I'd rather move away than live in the cold all the time.
Back to top Go down
BertieTiger
BertieTiger

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:56 pm

<<shakes dust off of my account>> I'm still alive!

I have been consumed by University, relationships, crushes, work, sleep and family issues. GUH MY LIFE IS SO MUCH FUN /sarcasm.

I promised myself I'd be more active on here... yeah, I fail at keeping promises evidently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~bertietiger
BandGeek99
BandGeek99

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:45 am

*crawls out from igloo* ...well, I survived Snowmageddon 2011.

Crushes? Schoolwork? Family issues? Relationships? *hug* I feel some of that pain. <3

Anyone have anything exciting going on as of late?

This past weekend I went to my piano lesson, as per usual, and my piano teacher gave me the best sweet sixteen present EVAR.
1) a book of Chopin nocturnes (which makes me waaaaay happier than it probably should)
2) the opportunity to study with a master pianist in the city about forty minutes north of here, which would increase my musicianship and prepare me for college auditions.

I feel like this is better than getting a car.
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:37 pm

I have to disagree... getting a car is simply FANTASTIC. Even if gas prices are simply RIDICULOUS.

Anyways, glad to hear you survived the weather so far. I certainly could do without the snow, ice, and general freezing temperatures myself, but how often does that stop winter from staying until May?
(Never.)

News for me:
1) Got a job at Dairy Queen. I had my first shift last night and it was busier than I expected for the middle of winter.
2) Planning on asking for a MacBook as a combo grad/birthday present this year. A Toshiba is what I'd get for my grad present anyways, but technology sometimes makes me cry from its sheer beauty, and when I walk into an Apple store, let's just say I need the whole box of tissues.
3) University is coming up... Very Happy
4) My eighteenth birthday (on which date I will be legally able to consume alcoholic beverages) is the Friday before Spring Break. Can that possibly work out any better?

That's my general news for now... I haven't been up to much except getting ready for my life as a DQ worker.
Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
smile-in-ur-sleep
::Champion::
smile-in-ur-sleep

Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:31 am

OH MY MERMAID KEN, THIS FORUM STILL EXISTS?
SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON LATELY.

YES I AM SCREAMING, AAAAH THIS IS AMAZING!

y'all have to email me kbye, I'll pm it to you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://bamboobones.tumblr.com
ARCtheElite
ARCtheElite

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:30 am

Yes, this place still exists. Alyss, isn't the drinking age in Canada 19? I don't want to burst your bubble, but you might want to check. Btw, where are you going?

I got a $6000 research award, which pretty much allows me to stay in Hamilton over the summer without mooching off my parents. I'm going to be presenting my particular project at Rochester in August, which I am extremely excited for. The data collection and analyses, however, is not so exciting.

Also, 3 MORE WEEKS OF SCHOOL! WOOOOOOOT!

Back to top Go down
smile-in-ur-sleep
smile-in-ur-sleep

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:10 am

The drinking age varies on whichever province/territory you live in. Some, it's 18, others ( like ontario Sad ) it's 19.
Back to top Go down
BandGeek99
BandGeek99

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Well, I'm nowhere near being able to drink. I've got another five years. (Frankly, I'm a-ok with that.)

But my sixteenth birthday came and is going just as swiftly. At least I got a bunch of birthday hugs. And a doughnut. And ice cream. And my friend is making me clothes (because that's what she does). Good day.

Congrats on the $6000 award! That's fantastic!
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:48 am

Yes indeed, I am in one of those wonderful provinces where the legal drinking age is 18.

IT IS A FANTABULOUS LIFE.

Congrats on that award, that sounds terrific!

Not much else is new, for me at least. Exams are coming up... then GRAD, thankfully. Oh, and I've picked out my courses for next year at uni - it was a very exciting time in my life Very Happy

Anyone else do anything exciting??
Back to top Go down
BandGeek99
BandGeek99

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Oooh, graduation!! That's coming up isn't it...?

Oh, my God. IT'S COMING UP!!! D: that's so scary... so many people are going away to college next year... *sighs*

Course selection...! That's so much fun! Very Happy I just did mine, too. Physics, precalc, English, modern world studies, spanish, music theory, band, and chorus. Lame schedule, but whatever. I just really hope I have music theory first semester... *hopes*

What courses are you taking?
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:13 am

Some anthropology, history, english, religion, and one science course for not-science people. (ME)

And possibly my older sister, who has yet to take a science course at university, but is entering her third year. So her plan is to never show up for class, but steal my notes.
I told her I'd do it if she bought me coffee.

Lots of music for you - sounds like you're super excited! That's great! There were a few courses I wanted, but they weren't being offered this upcoming year (which sucks) so I had to pick a few different ones, but I'm pretty happy with what I have.

Oh, and I want to take a creative writing course Very Happy

Last edited by emotionless-robot on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ARCtheElite
ARCtheElite

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:37 pm

@Kat

Music and math??? That does not mix (at least for me!). What are you doing in music theory?

@Alyss

You should bargain for more. Like cake or lobster dinner. I'd also envy your province for the lower legal drinking age, but a) I'm of age anyway and b) I don't drink.

The downside of the award, though, is that I have to work. It's basically a full-time summer job, which is still good, but it's not as good as free money.
Back to top Go down
smile-in-ur-sleep
smile-in-ur-sleep

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Creative writing courses are so fun! I'm taking Writer's Craft with the greatest teacher ever.

So yeah, my life is pretty boring. I'm finally getting back into writing Smile I have so much homework, planning for university (I got into Queen's!), and the fact that both boys and girls are being stupid, yeah, I'm stressed.
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Wow, Queens?? That's amazing!
We were supposed to be moving to Kingston, but the army is stupid, so we're not sure if that's happening anymore.

I'm working on applying for scholarships right now. Not too exciting, but hopefully fruitful.

I honestly just want to sleep for about five years right now, I'm SO tired. But then again, that's not really something new... Razz
Back to top Go down
smile-in-ur-sleep
smile-in-ur-sleep

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 12:17 am

If you end up going to Kingston, you + me = super awesome party. Just saying. You can sleep when we're dead.

Also, I just started a new series! [yeah, it's what I do.]
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6913674/1/Transfer
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 12:47 am

smile-in-ur-sleep wrote:
You can sleep when we're dead.

You sound like my father... XD

I read the story - it sounds super interesting mainly because Kari isn't often portrayed as being fierce, I suppose. Anyways, can't wait to read more!

EDIT: I finally managed to update my own stories... thanks for the prompts!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dead to the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead to the World   Dead to the World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead to the World
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next