AuthorMessage
Aana
::Gennai::
Aana

Number of posts : 2312
Registration date : 2008-09-05

A Night At the Zō-wa Empty
PostSubject: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:54 am

A Night At the Zō-wa

Set in modern Odaiba, each of the children have been selected to visit the legendary Zō-wa kyassuru (Elephant Castle) for their yearly open-access sleepover. It started as a fun night and it easily becomes a competition between the boys and the girls.

Characters So Far...
smile-in-ur-sleep: Taichi + Takeru
SugarSpiral: Hikari + Iori
emotionless-robot: Ken + Koushiro
PrincessJaded: Yamato + Miyako
potgenie: Daisuke
QeenGatomon: Mimi
Digimon Dreamer Sora

A Night At the Zō-wa 12c723afa96a8212eef849496050ce87

Last edited by SugarSpiral on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1614494/
smile-in-ur-sleep
::Champion::
::Champion::
smile-in-ur-sleep

Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:35 am

:Taichi:

I can't believe I have to stay here for the night with my sister. Like, come on, is it my fault that I got an invitation too? Oh well. Maybe there will be come cute girls there?

Oh, please, please, say there will.

Then again, maybe this won't be so bad. A few pranks, some cool stuff, then bam, back to the video games.

Why is she taking so long? Geez, it's one night, not a whole week! Why do girls always pack so much? I call out to her, the car is waiting. It's time for us to leave for the Zō-wa kyassuru.

Last edited by smile-in-ur-sleep on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : THIS IS MY 666th POST. I'm a demon child.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bamboobones.tumblr.com
Potgenie
::Ultimate::
Potgenie

Number of posts : 2058
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:06 am

Daisuke:

My sister is really getting on my nerves.

"Can I come along?" She's jumping about like a rabbit that has eaten far too many carrots. "Come on, Dai! I'm sure they can fit in one more person!"

"I told you," I snap irritably as I push aside a pile of dirty dishes - where are the darned toiletries? "You can't just come. You've got to be invited!"

"Why wasn't I invited?" Jun wails.

I should NEVER have told her that Yamato is going too. I can't believe she's still all over him like that - I had thought she had moved on to Jyou's brother a while ago... I guess not.

Jun knew my weaknesses too well. One plate of chocolate chip raisin cookies and I had been putty in her hands. (Oh, how I regret that moment of folly!)

"You're not special enough," I tell her as I somehow manage to push her out of my room. "Get out! I've got to pack!"

"It's just like you to leave packing to the last minute!" She huffs.

I slam the door in her face. God, it would be good to get away from here for a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/599590/
D
D

Number of posts : 2387
Location : In Your Heart, and Yours, and Yours! Oh, and Yours too!
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:44 am

:Yamato:

Maybe I should have denied the invitation. That would have been smart. I wouldn't be sitting here...next to Hikari. Why is the world does she keep staring at me like that?

I cringed away from her and leaned toward Taichi. At least with him here this night might not be so bad. Takeru's going too. Another so-called bonus. Maybe he can keep her away...

Or maybe not...she's looking at me like she's wants to eat me. Ugh.

Maybe I smell like something tasty. Well I mean come on now it is me. There you go Yamato getting cocky again.

I agree with Taichi when he said this night feels like it will never end.

I should just be happy with the fact that Jun's not here. Oh yes, that I'm very happy about.
Now all I have to do is avoid Hikari and Sora, then the night will be perfect.

Zō-wa kyassuru...here I come. Yippee!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1668430/
Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:37 am

::Hikari::
I can't help blushing slightly as Yamato shuffles uncomfortably in his seat. Is that my fault? Maybe he's just embarrassed to be stuck next to Tai's pathetic little sister. The weakling in the group. Urgh, I don't need looking after anymore... I'll show him. And then he'll have to respect me. If I could just figure out a way... (I really shouldn't care so much, but since I did sort of maybe/might have a crush on him... and I don't want to. It's a bit creepy. Plus, he's a broody git.) Sighing, I turn to look out the window. Then I saw him, and it hit me.

The Plan.

It was simple, it was effective, it was perfect. All I needed was to get him on his own to discuss tactics. And as the car (though it's more like a bus) is about to leave, and I'm wedged in between Yamato and a window...

I think everyone was a little surprised when I jumped out of the car, sprinted towards and practically barreled over Ken. I know I was. Strangely enough, Ken seemed to take it all in his stride, only blushing slightly. I threw my arms over his shoulders and gave him a huge hug. (I couldn't help noticing that he smelt damn fine).

"Ken, I need your help... I have The Plan. To prove that I'm not a complete weed." I flexed an arm at him, hoping to hell and back Ken remembered all the different arm-wrestling techniques we'd been trying out over the last couple of months. (Every Tuesday Takeru had basket ball practice, Miyako had computer club, and as Iori was obsessing over Kendo recently... we got bored).

He glanced at the "car" (where everyone seemed to be staring at us- I couldn't help feeling a little smug at Yamato's confused expression) and seemed to understand. He gave me a big smile, which I couldn't help but return. Tai shouted something about needing to leave, so (still feeling the adrenaline rush from my "daring" actions) I grabbed Kens hand and ran back to the car. After some quick bribery, Daisuke and Takeru shuffled around to allow me to sit next to Ken. And again I couldn't help notice (and feeling smug about) Yamato's expression.

Life was good.

Last edited by SugarSpiral on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
::DigiDestined::
emotionless-robot

Number of posts : 1075

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:39 pm

::Ken::

Okay, just calm down, Ken. She's just holding your hand, not trying to grope you... just calm down.

I was having an exceptionally hard time thinking clearly with Hikari and those damned pleading eyes of hers. Was it my fault I turned into a pile of mush everytime she begged me to do something for her? No, it was not. I couldn't help liking her. We had been spending quite a bit of time together and when a teenage boy is around a pretty girl that much... well, said boy tends to develop a little crush on said girl.

So it wasn't my fault. At all. EVER.

I gave her a huge smile at her request though, because I couldn't deny her anything by this point... even if it was her trying to seduce an older man... with arm-wrestling techniques.

She was a weird kid.

We got seated in the vehicle that was taking us far away from this place - far away from home. I vowed to myself as I glanced at Hikari that somehow during this trip I would get over my infatuation... by any means necessary.

Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:05 pm

:Hikari:

Five minutes into our journey, I noticed Ken was kind of twitchy in his seat. He'd glance towards the window beside me, then at his hands, then at Yamato, then back at his hands, at the window... you get the drift. He looked kind of confused. If it wasn't so cute, it would've annoyed me. He was caught up in his new found ritual, he didn't notice my hand snaking it's way towards him...

That is of course, until I started tickling him in the ribs mercilessly.

Last edited by SugarSpiral on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Some may say I shrieked like a girl - but we all know the truth. It was a manly shriek of desperation, and anyone who had been in my postition would have done the same.

Her fingers tickled my sensitive ribs unyieldingly, and I cursed the day she had found out about my weakness. The full-blown laughter erupting from me caught Joe (our appointed driver) off guard, and suddenly the car was swerving into the opposite lane where oncoming traffic threatened to smash us into bits.

And I was still laughing.

Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:27 pm

It was probably the scariest moment of my life- the sudden swerve threw me sideways, my seatbelt tore into my chest, and my brother cussed like a sailor in the front seat. I was winded, exhilarated, and somehow laying on my side. Luckily, Jyou managed to regain control in record time and we were safe.

I was mildly aware of Taichi yelling at me, but I didn't really care. I was strangely comfortable, with my head resting in Kens lap...

Wait a second. With my head resting where now?

Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:21 pm

I had to admit, this was even worse than just holding her hand. Her hair tickled my stomach, where her incessant attack had lifted it up a bit, and I tried not to breathe... I tried to regain some of my dignity... I tried to not yell out, "Well, isn't this awkward?!?"... but needless to say, I failed miserably.

"Well, isn't this awkward?" The words spewed forth along with a nervous giggle and I shifted uncomfortably, silently letting Hikari know that if she didn't get off my lap like, NOW, we were going to have a very large problem.

Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:27 pm

I couldn't help grinning fiendishly.

"This is awkward? Actually, I'm quite comfortable..."

Heck, a girl has to have fun sometimes.

Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:33 pm

::Koushiro::

I looked up just in time to see Hikari's face plant itself in Ken's lap, and I couldn't help but feel slightly sorry for the guy. It was obvious to anyone who was paying attention that the poor kid was crushing on her, while she chased after Yamato hopelessly. If I intervened now, Ken would forever be in my favor, but if I didn't... well, then as Ken said, things would get awkward.

"You know, Hikari," I started saying, "I hear the scenery around here is gorgeous this time of year, and I bet your parents would love to see some pictures, don't you think? And besides, the position you're in is not ideal if, for example, we swerve into the other lane again and crash. It would most likely kill you."

I could only hope that would distract her long enough for Ken to put himself back together.

Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:46 pm

I jumped up at the sound of Koushiro's voice. Somehow, I'd forgotten that it wasn't just me and Ken in the car... Instead, it was me and Ken in the backseat. I tried to restrain my giggles at the thought... And failed. But Kou was right, I probably should get some shots for dearest Mummy and Daddy. I sat up quickly...

...And came face to face with a scowling Yamato. Maybe all the laughter was hurting his delicate, musical ears? This caused me to explode into another bunch of giggles as I turned to the window and began snapping at random.

Yep, I had definitely had too much sugar on my cornflakes this morning.

Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 pm

I didn't understand what I had done to deserve this. First I get Hikari's face in my lap unsuspectingly, and next I get death glares from Yamato, which I'm not sure what I did to have deserved. Either way, my plan was failing miserably so far, and I would need to gird my loins if I wished to follow through.

As Hikari continued to giggle and snap photos, I too observed the scenery as we approached our destination. My heartbeat settled, and soon enough I was peacefully asleep.

Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:42 pm

Kou had been right, there was some great scenery around here. I'd been taking pictures non-stop for a good ten minutes before I felt something heavy lean into my back. Turning my head to see what was up, I nearly melted when I saw Ken had fallen asleep. There was something very cute about how his long, thick lashed rested gently on his high cheekbones, and how a stray strand of hair fell across his face. Slowly, so as not to wake him, I twisted around so his head was on my shoulder and carefully brushed the hair out of his face. It was hard to tell what was softer- the hair, or his skin. Suddenly, I was blushing.

This was stupid. Ever-so-slyly, I reached into my pocket and tugged out a black felt tip... I wondered how long it would be before he noticed that his left cheek now read "I Love Hikari -x-".

Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:09 pm

My fingers tapped away at the keys on my laptop, but my concentration was busted. Every few seconds my gaze would slip from the screen and slide over the the back of the vehicle, where all the bags and suitcases were. There, nestled amongst them was my prized possession.

I gave her a fond smile and turned back to my work. Meanwhile, Hikari was undoing her seatbelt for a quick second to reach into the back and grab a waterbottle. As her body stretched for the desired item, her hand knocked aside my precious, and it tumbled from its perch.

My fingers, still on the keypad, began to tremble and my eyes watered in fear. Was she okay???

The gasping of my breath alerted Hikari, and she asked worriedly, "Are you okay, Kou??"

My hand came down swiftly and punched her in the shoulder violently. "What the hell was that for, Hikari??" I demanded angrily.

Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:11 pm

I stared at the little ginger freak blankly.

"Kou... it's a box."

Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:16 pm

"Excuse me?" I asked, my voice completely even. I used my dangerous voice though, to let her know that I wasn't messing around. If she wanted to fight over this, then I would be bringing out the big guns.

The rest of the vehicle was silent, and I knew they were all looking at me funny, but that didn't matter right now. Her honor was at stake, and that was all that mattered.

I undid my seatbelt as well and reached back to right Hikari's wrong, and I delicately placed her back in her former position. Without further explanation, I faced the front and went back to my typing without another word. It was over for now, but I would be keeping an eye on Hikari...

Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:23 pm

I'd never been more confused in my life. (Well, maybe that time I'd found Taichi in bed with an onion...) My shoulder started to throb where Koushiro had hit me. My bubbly mood vanished, and I began to wish I'd stayed home. Yamato didn't want me here, Kou (though I probably couldn't call him that anymore) didn't like me anymore, Ken was going to kill me when he'd seen what I'd done to his face.

Fine. I shoved his head off my shoulder and curled up in my seat. I'll be invisible then.

Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:36 pm

I drifted in and out of conciousness as time went on. I thought I had heard a scuffle, but I pegged it as my imagination. Who would be arguing anyways? At another point, I was sure someone was writing on my face, but lately I had been having the strangest dreams, so I ignored the unusual feeling. Eventually, a nice, warm body curled up beside mine and I leaned into it gratefully, finally falling into a deeper slumber.

Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:07 am

I couldn't sleep. I couldn't even doze. I glanced at Ken's cheek I'd graffiti'ed earlier. I guess I felt kinda bad... I reached under my seat for the water I'd upset Kou with and blotted some onto a tissue. When it was thoroughly damp, I wiped Ken's cheek clean again before snuggling up on his shoulder to try grab some shuteye.

Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:45 am

So warm...

Whatever this heaven-sent goodness was, I wasn't going to let go of it anytime soon. I had a case of bad circulation, and Jyou had decided to blast the A/C in the vehicle, rendering me a heap of chilly human.

The seatbelt tried to restrain me as I snuggled forward and I pushed it aside, still half-asleep. I thought I heard a couple of noises - one sounded surprised, the other annoyed - but they didn't fully register with me. My arms encircled whatever it was that was making me so warm and I breathed in the light, floral scent that accompanied it.

My breathing evened out once more, and that was all I remembered.

D
D

Number of posts : 2387
Location : In Your Heart, and Yours, and Yours! Oh, and Yours too!
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:53 am

:Yamato:

So first she gets all excited when Ken gets here...okay.
Then she sits with him...no complaints here.
But then she started acting like a love sick little kid and attacks the poor guy.

And if all of this isn't strange as it is...Jyou almost kills us all! Yeah, that was some slick driving. For a second I'd thought they let Mimi sit behind the wheel. (Oh trust me, I've had a near death experience with her! NEVER AGAIN!)

Taichi's yelling at Hikari, who might I add really looked too comfortable in Ken's lap!

Whatever...I don't care...I swear I DO NOT CARE!
Maybe just a little, in a brotherly way, I mean she's Taichi's little sister. I've known since FOREVER...

Somehow before I even realize it I'm glaring at them.

This is no good, not good at all.

I don't care what they're doing. I don't care what they're doing. I keep repeating it over and over.

I looked around at everyone and where they were sitting. Jyou, the drive extordinare, and Taichi up front. Wait a second...is he holding a map?! Yeah we're never going to get there. Daisuke is arguing with Miyako, and surprise, surprise, she looked pissed at Hikari too. Too? NO! Not too!
Moving on...Mimi and Sora are sitting in front of me, yapping away about God knows what. Takeru and Iori are just looking out the windows and Kou is with his box. Is he cuddling with it???

And then...them.

THIS IS SO BORING!!! SHOOT ME NOW!

Finally I can't take it. This car ride feels like it will never end. I forgot my iPod, my cellphone was going to die if I started messing with it, and I left my book in dad's car when he dropped me off.

So to pass the time I do the unthinkable...

"Mimi," I call her name and her head almost spin right off as she turns. Her eyes are looking at me, waiting for me to keep speaking. "Wanna play a game?"

Last edited by PrincessJaded on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1668430/
Potgenie
Potgenie

Number of posts : 2058
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:56 am

Daisuke

Arguing with Miyako is like breathing - meaning, it comes so naturally to me, I don't even think about it. And I guess that would explain why I'm so, utterly bored right now.

I can't wait for this ride to be over and we can all get off! It seems as though everyone is not in a very good mood. Taichi's yelling is making my ears hurt, though I don't blame him. What the hell was she thinking, sleeping on Ken's lap?? (No, I am not jealous. I got over Hikari ages ago... right?)

And what IS with that box Koushirou is holding? As I look at him, he bends over to it and... is he TALKING to it? That's weird... maybe he's keeping something inside it. Like a hamster. Or something. I make up my mind to ask him later... when he isn't behaving so strangely.

I'm never one to sit still for long. There's got to be something to do.

I faintly hear Yamato saying something about a game to Mimi. A game! Sounds like fun. Why is he only asking Mimi, though? I want to play too!

"What game?" I butt in, poking Yamato. "Count me in!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/599590/
Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:15 am

Snug. That was the word. The perfect word to describe my world at the moment. I was warm, half asleep, and the rocking movements of the bus were strangely comforting. I wasn't even bothered about Kou's outburst earlier. There must be something really special about that box... And then, without warning or ceremony, my peace was shattered. Yamato wanted to play a game... with Mimi? And in that... that tone. What was that about?!

I mean, it wasn't so much the fact that it was Yamato proposing a game (something I had never witnessed happening) in a slightly-suggestive-voice, but the fact that it was Mimi. Not there was anything wrong with the girl, but we all knew he'd never forgiven her for that one time her driving almost killed him... I felt much better when Daisuke asked to join in.

Someone's hair was tickling my nose. Quickly, I brushed it out of my face with a finger tip... and poked someone in the eye. Not hard or with intention, but enough to say... wake said person up.

"Owie."

"Oh crabs, I'm sorry Ken. I didn't mean to wake you..." He smiled at me, but then blushed. I though his face was about to explode with all the blood rushing too it. And then I realised why, and I ended up blushing too.

So... that's why was so warm. It probably wasn't intentional, he'd probably just moved in his sleep. But when he yanked his arms away from my waist, I couldn't help feeling my heart sink a little. Like I said, it probably wasn't intentional, but I couldn't help noticing that Ken had really nice hands...

It was a moment before I noticed that if anyone was watching, it would look like I was staring at Ken's crotch. Which is something I'd never do. I wasn't that weird. I thrust my head up, and to find Takeru frowning in Ken and my own direction. I asked him what was wrong, and he said nothing. We smiled at the same time, but I didn't believe him for a second. And he knew that.

Trying to find some sort of normality in this chaos, I called out to my brother.

"Tai, are we there yet?"

The sentence had at 66.9% chance of assuring my certain death on this trip.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night At the Zō-wa   A Night At the Zō-wa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Night At the Zō-wa
Page 1 of 35Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next