Welcome to:: The Digi Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awesome ^,^

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
emotionless-robot
::DigiDestined::
emotionless-robot

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Empty
PostSubject: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:26 am

A challenge from ExipiredInGoreville... and an awesome challenge at that.

Title : Dr. Ken
Main Characters : Ken, TK, and Kari
Plot Brief : TK and Kari are having some relationship issues, and they go see Ken for help.

There was a phrase to include, but that'll pop up in later chapters, and I don't want to spoil it XD

Doctor Ken by emotionless-robot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She cornered him as soon as he walked out of the ice cream store that he frequented after school. Apparently his extra-curricular activities were no longer covert, and he’d have to try to be more secretive in the future.

“I need your help.” She pleaded with despair.

Ken took a step back, trying to regain some distance between himself and her devilishly imploring eyes, and raised an eyebrow.

“What do you need my help for, Kari?”

He was conscious of the mint-pumpkin scoop of ice cream slowly melting and dripping against his left hand, which was clutching the wafer cone. Mint-pumpkin was his absolute favourite, and the shop he had just vacated was the only one that sold it in the city, as far as he knew. Liquefying beneath his wondrous concoction was Wormmon’s scoop as well—bubblegum flavoured. Ken had never understood the Digimon’s interest in the girly flavour, and doubted that he ever would.

“I’ll explain it later… let’s just say for now that TK and I are in a rough patch, and we need some outside help to fix this whole mess. We’ll drop by your house around six, okay?”

She smiled at him gratefully, and then walked off, leaving Ken stranded in the middle of the busy sidewalk, bubblegum-mint-pumpkin ice cream coating his hand. He was exceedingly bamboozled at the thought of Kari and TK fighting. What was it all about? Could he really help solve their relationship problems? Time would tell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting crossed legged on his computer chair, Ken faced the two teens before him, each on their own respective chaises. Ken twirled around on the chair a couple of times, getting slightly dizzy, before he realized they were waiting for him to say something.

“Want some Jolly Ranchers?” he offered, thrusting a small bowl filled with the tasty candy at TK and Kari.

They each took a few, before TK asked the question Ken was dying to hear the answer to: “Why are we here, exactly?”

Kari sighed through her nose, as if the answer was obvious, and said to him, “Because, TK, Ken is going to help us.

Ken cleared his throat quietly to try and get his friend’s attention, but it seemed as though he did it too softly, because they did not take notice of him.

“With what, Kari?”

“With our relationship, you—“

O-kay… why don’t we take a breather for starters?” Ken suggested, pulling his handy dandy notepad from one of his many drawers. He certainly didn’t want them to commence a battle of the sexes in the middle of his bedroom, with his parents not 10 metres away. “And why don’t you tell us what you think is the problem here, Kari?”

Kari sat up straighter, understanding that this was the only chance she’d get at presenting her case.

“For the past few weeks, TK and I have been… not getting along as well as we used to, and while I don’t want to point fingers, it’s his fault.”

TK looked outraged at this, and glared at her, but kept his mouth shut.

“You see, TK has his basketball, and while that’s fine, and I support him in that, I think that he could be a little bit more proactive when it comes to his fan girls.”

Ken frowned at the use of the term “proactive”—that was one of his words. Kari must have thought about this speech quite a bit. He gave her a gesture to continue.

“I mean, he knows they’re there, and yet, every single time, what does he do to stop them from climbing all over him and planting kisses on him? Nothing! Not a damn thing! And it’s driving me up the wall, Ken!”

“Now, hold on a sec!” TK countered. “You’ve got guys crawling over you at school, but you don’t do anything to stop them.”

“That’s because they’re harmless, Takeru. Don’t tell me how to live my life.”

“Do you see what she’s doing, Ken! She’s the biggest hypocrite of life, and she just sits there and stares at me, as if she’s the innocent one here!”

Ken was leaning in TK’s favour slightly. He did not believe Kari’s statement of “harmless boys” was entirely true—he knew a few of them himself, and they were far from cuddly bunnies. Kari was being a bit of a hypocrite, yes, but TK overreacted to the simplest things at the worst times. Like, that time when Davis had accidentally slipped on some spilled juice, and coincidentally landed on TK, who was right behind him. TK hadn’t talked to Davis for a month, ensuring his status as grudge-holder of the group.

It was a definite possibility that he was dramatizing the situation.

“I don’t know what to say, guys. This is more complicated than I thought.” Ken glanced down at his notes, as if consulting them, when in reality he was finishing up the drawing of a turkey he had been doing for the last few minutes. It was almost perfect. “I’m going to have to go more in-depth with this evaluation in order to identify and isolate the problem, and then come up with a diagnosis that is treatable. I’ll have to conduct several experiments, and have some one-on-one sessions with each of you. This process may take some time, and I hope you are willing to try some newer-age testing for this dilemma. Are we clear?”

They both nodded, their heads bobbing up and down as they agreed to hand themselves over to Ken’s experimentations for the few weeks. They really had no idea what was in store for them.

Doctor Ken was in the house.

--------------------------

Oh yes indeed... next chapter should be up in a few days... I dunno when.

Let me know what you think!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1587094/

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:39 am

This was so cute. Ken the Psychologist...I can see that.
Back to top Go down
Aana
::Gennai::
Aana

Number of posts : 2312

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 am

B-E-A-utiful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1614494/
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 9:33 pm

Haha, thanks guys. Here's the second chapter!!

Kari’s one-on-one session with Ken was planned for Saturday afternoon, at the mall. Ken hid in the shadows as she strolled through her domain of frilly pink skirts and lacy, revealing tops that were not made for sensitive eyes.

Kari started ranting about all the difficulties of hers and TK’s relationship as she stood in the change room, trying on various outfits.

“I mean, do you ever do that to Yolei, Ken?”

“Uh, of course not,” Ken scoffed, “as if I would ever take off my socks when I was around her.”

“Thank you!” Kari yelled out. “It’s so disgusting when he peels off those grimy socks when we’re watching a movie. And then, if you can believe it, he ends up putting his feet on the table! Ugh, he makes me so mad!”

The door flew open, and Ken glanced up to see Kari red-faced from anger, and glaring at her reflection in the mirror.

“What do you think of this dress?” she asked, twirling around gracefully so he could see all sides.

“Uh, sure. It looks great.” Ken had lots of experience dealing with Yolei whenever she went shopping, and it seemed now was the perfect time to practice his well-rehearsed lines. All this wouldn’t have been necessary, of course, seeing as how Yolei had offered to tag along, but Ken preferred to have some privacy with his clientele, and Yolei would have proved to be a distraction for his subject.

“Okay, I think I’ll get this one.”

Kari returned to the dressing room, shuffling around and sliding clothes off and then back on again.

“I don’t want you to get the wrong impression, Ken.” Kari said suddenly. “I like TK, I really do. He sweet, and funny, and considerate. Not to mention adorable. He’s just the kind of guy I need right now. I couldn’t imagine breaking up with him, so that’s why I asked for your help—because I want him to know that before he gets fed up with me.” She sighed, and headed to the check out.

“Fed up with you? I don’t think I follow.”

“It’s just… I know we’ve known each other for a really long time, and I probably know him better than most, but he has so much potential to 'play the field' for a while, as some would say, and I can’t help but know that one day he’s going to realize that, and end up leaving me for someone better.”

“I see.” Ken said, not really seeing at all.

Kari and TK meshed together nicely, as far as he was concerned, and TK had never even glanced at another girl when Kari was around. This brought up the idea that maybe TK was thinking the same thing about his girlfriend—she did attract a whole lot of attention from the male population—and was worrying about her leaving him. If that was the case, then they were both a bit messed-up in the head, and needed to communicate better. Ken jotted a note on his notepad about better communication techniques that they could possibly go over, but for now they had to do some basic testing.

The next day, on Ken’s bedroom balcony, with the bright sun glaring at them from overhead, TK and Kari sat on plump, plush pillows, with a grape in front of each of them. Ken’s balcony faced the west, where the hot sun was travelling, and in mere moments Kari and TK would be in full view of its blazing power. Ken sat just inside the doors, sipping on his iced tea, and fanning himself with his notepad. A stopwatch lay beside him, ready to start timing whatever this was.

“Alright, lady and gentleman, get ready for your first experiment.”

“What are we supposed to do, Ken? Eat the grape?”

“Of course not, TK. You’re not allowed to eat at all. Or move. Or have something to drink. Or go to the bathroom. You are stuck on that pillow until you decide to give up.”

“I don’t understand.” Kari voiced her confusion.

“For the next while,” Ken explained, “both of you are going to watch these grapes dry out and turn into raisins.”

“That’s insane!” TK cried. “The sun will be too hot to sit around here all day, pointlessly watching this fruit slowly get turned into a raisin. That kind of thing takes more than a few hours, you know.”

“Yes, TK, I know that. However, this is an important part of my research, so you will co-operate for my sake, all right? Now, we shall begin in fifteen seconds. Prepare yourselves.”

Ken thought his plan was ingenious. He could have gotten them to watch grass grow, but that was too overused, so instead he got them to watch grapes shrivel up into raisins. He had not told them what this experiment was supposed to prove, because he preferred to keep his reasons to himself. Once it was over, he would gladly let them know why he had forced them to stare at an edible object for hours without any sort of comfort or relief—if they stayed around to hear it. He had a feeling they wouldn’t be so keen to participate in his testing after this. For now though, he would watch them squirm under the sun’s eye while he sipped ice-cold beverages, and lounged in front of the wondrous air-conditioning. It truly was a hot day. He almost felt sorry for them.

“And… begin.”

For the first half an hour, all was going fine. It was uncomfortable, but Kari and TK got used to just sitting there, not really doing anything at all.

And then things started heating up.

The sun began to bake and roast them in its oven-hot fire, making sweat drip down their foreheads, and compelling them to wish they hadn’t worn any clothes at all. Thoughts of getting a nice tan went out of their heads as they worried about sunburn, and just imagining a glass of water made them drool in wanting. The black pillows that had once seemed so nice and comfy were now hot to the touch, and sitting on a pile of smashed-up bricks would have been more preferable. Or a swarm of bloodthirsty cockroaches. Maybe even a mound of cacti, heaped together to form a very pointy seat.

It was going to be a long afternoon.

Not once did Ken grow bored of watching his patients watch a grape. It was fascinating, anticipating who would be the one to crack first. His nerves kept him on the brink of expectation throughout the session, and he couldn’t wait to add the final results to his growing collection of evidence.

He didn’t have to wait long.

Only an hour into the experiment, TK said, groaning, “Is it almost done yet?”

Kari whimpered, her lips long sealed shut from constantly licking them and having the heat glue them together.

Ken nudged the sliding door open a bit to reply, “I don’t know. Is your grape a raisin yet?”

“No.” TK sighed. “But it is looking a bit wrinkly… does that count?”

“Sorry, but no. It has to be a fully-shrivelled raisin. You can always quit.” Ken said, and TK thought he heard a hint of hopefulness in his voice. The heat was finally getting to his head.

Kari tried stretching her fingers unsuccessfully and considered doing just that. The idea of going inside those glass doors, and getting a drink of cool, refreshing water sounded like heaven. She willed herself to hold out for another couple of minutes, at least. Just long enough to beat TK at whatever it was they were doing. She knew him sufficiently to be able to tell when he was on the verge of breaking down, and now was that time.

Ken closed the door separating them as TK huffed, and he tried to get back into the position he had been in for the last 60 minutes. He rolled his neck, popping a few joints and exhaled slowly, struggling to calm the tension he felt.

He failed miserably.

Not two minutes later, TK jumped up, wobbling a bit, and slammed open the entrance to his paradise. He flopped down on the floor, collapsing, and letting the soothing waves of the air-conditioned atmosphere wash over his sweaty, exhausted body.

Kari entered seconds after him, but was more refined as she sat stiffly on the seat Ken offered her.

“Okay, I have my answers now. You guys can go. See you tomorrow!” Ken said cheerfully to his friends. They glared at him and slugged their way out of his apartment, vowing to never return to that awful place.

Ken just smiled as he merrily made some notes on his clipboard. Part one of the testing was done and over with. The whole point of that test was to see who would quit the fastest. Ken had made the conditions terrible to cope with, knowing that only an insane person would try to stay out there for the entire afternoon—or worse, until the grape actually turned into a raisin.

TK had given up first, leading Ken to the revelation he was looking for—TK was obviously the sane one of the relationship, for quitting as soon as he couldn’t take it anymore. Kari had been prepared to hold out as long as possible, effectively beating TK in her mind, when really; it just made her look like a crazy person.

Ken chuckled and strolled over to the fridge to get some more chilled water. He was having a blast.

Let me know what you think!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 9:42 pm

[I'm supposed to be doing my homework right now, I've read the first couple of paragraphs and it's been great ^,^ I'll read the rest real soon]
Back to top Go down
Na-cat
Na-cat

Number of posts : 998

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 9:43 pm

Love the grape watching! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1457263/
Expired In Goreville
::Baby::
::Baby::
Expired In Goreville

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 2:47 am

I love this.
Your whole explanation on why TK was the sane one made me laugh for some reason, hehe.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~expiredingoreville
smile-in-ur-sleep
::Champion::
smile-in-ur-sleep

Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Yay, Kari's the crazy one. ~~
Back to top Go down
http://bamboobones.tumblr.com
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:46 am

*nervous laugh* I totally forgot to update this... which I will do right about now. Without further delay, the third chapter.

-----------------------------

TK refused to have his one-on-one with Ken at the Ichijouji residence, so Ken was forced to heave his backpack, laden down with useless homework that he could do blindfolded and while eating a box of raisins (he snickered to himself at the mention of raisins), all the way to TK’s house for their appointment.

He traveled to the right floor of the building, using the rickety elevator. Ken gulped throughout the ride as the metal box seemed to sway and wobble as it climbed inch by inch. He literally wanted to kiss the dirty hallway ground as soon as he got off of the death trap, but his sensible side took over and refused to let him go to such drastic measures to prove his thankfulness. He’d just have to remember to use the emergency staircase next time, to avoid using that awful contraption.

The door to TK’s apartment was slightly ajar; therefore Ken did not feel the need to knock the wood of said door to announce his presence. Slipping off his perfectly polished shoes, Ken then stepped silently into his friend’s room to begin what he hoped would be an informative meeting.

TK was pacing with his cellular telephone pressed against his ear—an unusual occurrence as far as Ken was concerned. He frowned as he listened to the blonde’s conversation with whoever was on the other line.

“I never said that! Stop trying to make me seem like the bad guy here, Kari!”

Ken nodded, as if to himself at this recent development. Their relationship appeared to be even more strained than normal, which only intensified his urge to go over some communication techniques this session.

“We’ll talk about this later, okay? I gotta go—Ken’s here.” TK’s phone snapped shut and he tossed it on the desk angrily. He huffed a bit, flopping on the bed, before saying, “So, are we going to do this or what?”

Ken perched daintily on the chair in front of the desk, and replied, “Why don’t you start by telling me what that was all about?”

“It’s just Kari being… moody. I swear this kind of thing happens on a regular basis, like a pattern, or something…” TK glared at the ceiling, pondering why this happened, and Ken flushed pink, knowing the answer he was looking for—Yolei had been nice enough to explain in great detail why she got mad at him for no reason.

“Just between us,” Ken started tentatively, “I have some advice on how to handle those kinds of situations…”

TK sat up, now interested in what was coming out of Ken’s mouth.

“You see… when Yolei’s mad at me, I shove a pillow over my face to make her think that I’m suffocating so she’ll stop yelling… it works pretty well, actually.”

TK absorbed this new tidbit of information, and vowed to store it away for future use.

“But don’t tell her I told you, okay?” Ken requested suddenly. If Yolei ever found out that he did those suffocating acts on purpose, she’d chop of his… well, she’d mangle a part of him that he preferred to keep attached. “Anyways, let’s move on. Tell me more about your views on your relationship with Kari.”

TK took a deep breath and began ranting. Ken poised his hand above the notepad, ready to decipher whatever TK was going to throw at him.

“Kari is perfect. There’s really no other way to describe her. She’s so innocent and cute—I can’t get enough of her. I even imagine about talking to her in class, and I think about what we could discuss, and what her reactions might be, and how I would reply to her… it sounds lame, but what else am I supposed to do during math class? Anyways, I had this sort-of vision once, and we were at the park, I think. She was lying down, reading a book, and I swear she looked like an angel. And then, she turned her head to look at me, squinting a bit from the sun’s glare, and then she smiled at me. Just smiled… but it made me feel so happy and complete. Ever since then, that’s how I’ve always felt whenever I’m in her presence… or at least, that’s how it was before all this fighting started.”

Ken tried not to gag at all the cheese spewing from TK’s mouth. He tried to be romantic with Yolei, true, but he did it in a way that was creative and original. For example, on her last birthday she had asked for something to remember him by, in case they ever had to be separated (Ken couldn’t come up with a reason as to why she wouldn’t just give him a call, were they ever to be unconnected, but he had learned by that point that it was best not to ask questions) so Ken gave her a lock of his own hair. Once his mother had found what he had done, she had deemed it necessary to lecture him on what was appropriate to give your girlfriend and what was not. Ken’s gift had fallen into the latter category in her eyes, but Ken had hardcore evidence to Yolei’s appreciation of this gift… i.e. she kept it in a plastic bag that stayed with her at all times, and she was constantly reaching into her pocket to stroke it and pet it, treasuring it like the prize she thought it was.

Ken got back on track as he heard the tone of misery in TK’s voice as he continued.

“I don’t know what to do to make her happy anymore. Some days I think that everything is going good, and we’re on the mend. But then the next day I say something wrong, or she makes me angry for whatever reason, and we’re back to square one. It’s like running around in circles, chasing your own tail like a dog, Ken, and I don’t know how to stop.”

Ken scribbled on his notebook for a few moments, and then deduced that TK was done chatting for the night… or so he thought. It was time to implement “Operation: Communication”.

Ken couldn’t wait.

-----------------------------------

There you go... finally. I'll post the other two later - I have a show to watch right now XD
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:21 am

Aaaaand the fourth.

-------------------------------

“TK, come with me.” Ken instructed. He clutched his notepad to his body as he marched out into the living room, where the ugliest pair of plaid-covered couches existed. They were either made in the ‘90’s, or TK’s mother had worse fashion sense than a 107-year old lady.

Ken perched delicately on the fugly furniture and cleared his throat as TK sat on the matching loveseat across from him.

“Now, TK, tell me: how often do you compliment Kari?” Ken peered at him, expecting his answer.

“Uh, I don’t know… sometimes?”

“I’m sorry, you’re going to have to be just a bit more vague,” Ken said sarcastically.

“Okay, fine… I usually don’t. Only when we go on dates or whatever.”

Ken nodded, tapping his chin thoughtfully. “I see. Therein lies the problem, young Takeru. By not expressing your admiration for her beauty, you are subconsciously implying that you think she is fat.”

“WHAT?!” TK shouted. “That’s insane! I’ve never said ANYTHING like that!”

Ken sighed, “Calm down. I have gone over this issue a million times in my own relationship, and I am well aware that it doesn’t make sense. However, the fact of the matter is, girls have no self-esteem when not flattered. No doubt Kari has been feeling this way for quite some time, seeing as how the two of you have not gone on a date in the past while, and it’s very probable that some of your arguments are being derived from this insecurity that she has been carrying around. You see?”

TK blinked.

“That being said, when was the last time she complimented you?” Ken asked.

“… I don’t remember.” TK admitted. “I’m not sure she ever has, actually.” He frowned, searching the recesses of his mind for a memory that would, under no circumstances, make itself known to him.

Ken mumbled to himself dramatically, if only to increase the tragedy of this situation, “This is worse than I thought…” He sighed, and then said at a normal volume, “We’d better get started.”

TK hunched over in his seat and chewed nervously on his lip, waiting to see what Ken would throw at him this time.

“Tell me, TK,” Ken enquired, “do you like it when Kari wears plaid?”

TK glanced down at the fabric covering the furnishings beneath him, noticing the connection between Ken’s question and his mother’s choice in furnishings, and replied, “Yeah, I suppose.”

“Do you think it makes her look sexy?”

TK spluttered a bit before responding, “What? What has that got to do with anything?”

“Just answer the question.”

“Okay… yeah, it makes her look sexy.”

Ken smiled brightly, saying, “Good, then this experiment will work out wonderfully! Now, I want you to pretend that that lovely sofa you’re sitting on is Kari.”

“Oh no… no, no, no, no, no! This is another one of those crazy ideas of yours that will eventually lead to me spending five years in a therapy group all because you wanted to have some fun, isn’t that right?!” TK fumed.

Ken calmly stared at his deranged friend, and said, “No, of course not. This is simply… practice, per se. Do you really want to go up to Kari tomorrow with the intention of praising her, and choke up like any other person of the male species? No, is the answer you’re looking for there. Now, I want you to stand in front of that… thing and just say whatever you would say to Kari.”

TK looked at him dubiously, but did as he was told so that his back was facing Ken. He took a breath and exhaled heavily. His hands shook and grew clammy as he continued to stare at the mocking red and black plaid fabric he was addressing.

“Uh… umm… you look, err, nice today, Kari…” TK trailed off uncertainly, peeking back at Ken. His mentor’s face was hidden behind the infamous notepad to cover up his laughing features. TK gave his full attention to the couch once again and said to it, “I really like your outfit… it suits you?”

“Okay, stop.” Ken coached. “That was terrible. If you said that to her, she’d break down into tears and that is a situation that you are not equipped to handle, so we want to avoid that at all costs. Now, why don’t you close your eyes for the first little bit? Give yourself a nice visual of Kari wearing the sexiest piece of plaid you ever did lay eyes on, and then use those tingly emotions to express what you’re really thinking. At this moment, that plaid couch is Kari, and she is one sexy beast. Just let it all out, TK. Let it all out.”

TK closed his eyes as instructed, cracked his knuckles and rotated his shoulders, as if he were a boxer preparing for a fight. Ken leaned forward in anticipation of what was to come.

“Kari,” TK began steadily, “I really like your outfit today. I think that plaid skirt makes you look… sexy.” Ken bit down on his fist to stop the giggles from erupting. “Yeah, you heard me, Kari. I think that plaid makes you look damn hot and I’m not afraid to say it. The way you walk, with your hips moving side to side like that, makes me want to throw you to the floor, rip off your clothes and ravish you…”

TK continued with his rant about how much he wanted to smex Kari up, but Ken wasn’t listening, due to the fact that he was pulling a desperate suffocating act in order to hopefully hide himself from the wrathful look of anger plastered upon TK’s mother’s face. She stood in the doorway, listening to her teenage son rant about his not-so-innocent fantasies, and she did not look happy.

Ken whimpered.

Oh dear.
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:29 am

Not to mention... the fifth.

----------------------------

Nancy Takashi sat her son and his innocent friend down at the kitchen table, glaring at them with her irate eyes. She had known this day would come eventually—he was a teenage boy, after all—but she just hadn’t expected him to be declaring his love for the living room sofa, with one of his friends sitting right there. It just wasn’t right. It wasn’t natural. She had expected to find him in his bedroom with his girlfriend or something. Something normal at the very least. It was hard to come to terms with the fact that your son liked expressing his fantasies to your old, ragged couch. She wondered how long this had been going on.

“Uh, TK, sweetie.” Nancy began, “How long have you been doing… this?”

“It was a one-time thing, Mom, I swear!” TK pleaded. “Besides, Ken made me do it!”

“I did not!” Ken opposed. “You’ve got to believe me, Mrs. Takashi; I would never force TK into doing anything of the sort! You know me! I’m Ken Ichijoji, Boy Genius.” For the first time in his life, Ken was glad to be able to use that title.

TK gaped at him, face red with rage, and TK’s mom said, laughing, “Sorry, Ken, but your ‘Boy Genius’ status won’t do you any good in this household. Here, everyone is just a person.”

Ken frowned, wishing that Nancy could have been one of those mothers who fawned over him and believed any lies that spewed from his mouth without doubt. TK grinned wickedly at his mother’s stubbornness.

“Don’t think you’re getting off that easy, mister. And wipe that smug grin off your face.” Nancy said, pointing a manicured nail at her son. “Now, where did I put those groceries?”

By this point, Nancy was talking to herself, and rummaging around in the fridge drawers, evidently looking for something.”

“Uh, Mom?” TK asked, bewildered. “What are you doing?”

“I should have done this a while ago, I know, but I always thought that I wouldn’t have to go through this torture, for some reason.”

“Torture?” TK squeaked, alarmed by her choice of words.

“Ken, dear, you can go home if you want. I’m not sure if you’ll want to hear this, and your parents have probably already given you The Talk.”

TK blushed madly and covered his face with his hands, groaning, while Ken raised his eyebrows. It was true he had never gotten The Talk from his parents, but that was because he already knew everything he needed to know. There wasn’t much they could teach a genius. However, Ken had a sneaking suspicion that this might be fun to watch.

“It’s okay, Mrs. Takashi. My parents never got around to it.”

“Well, then,” Nancy said, smiling, “I’m sure this will be very informative for you.”

Ken smiled back, listening to TK say, “What’s all the fruit for, Mom?”

Nancy sighed. “Hiroki gave Matt The Talk when he was just a few months younger than you, and he said that this way worked with him, so I’m going to try it, and hopefully it’ll stick with you.” She cracked her knuckles, preparing herself. She picked up a pear and an orange, and began her eerie version of The Talk.

She smushed the two fruits together, and made kissing noises that were, Ken imagined, supposed to be coming from the fruits.

“Oh, Mr. Pear!” Miss Orange said.

“Hey, Miss Orange,” Mr. Pear said deviously, “do you want to go
all the way?”

“I don’t know…” Miss Orange responded.

“Come on! It’ll be fun!” Mr. Pear encouraged naughtily.

Mr. Pear started kissing Miss Orange again, and she said, “Oh, Mr. Pear, do you think this is responsible?"

He replied, "But I love you Miss Orange—my fruity groin wants you!"

And then they were rather rudely interrupted by Supreme Overlord Banana, who scolded, "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU SEEDLINGS ARE DOING!? DON'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO YOUR RAGING HORMONES!!"

Miss Orange and Mr. Pear apologized, and said that they would NEVER do anything like that again, until they were married, and were old enough to accept the consequences that come with having sex.

“The end.” Mrs. Takashi said, finished with her performance. “So, what do you guys think?”

TK was trying to strangle himself with the collar of his shirt, and Ken was staring at the fruits, disturbed.

“Any questions?” Nancy asked, putting away the fruits back in their respective places.

“… Matt got that same presentation?” Ken inquired, latching on to anything remotely sane.

“Oh, yeah.” Nancy answered. “Hiroki said Matt absolutely loved it! So I figured TK would like it too.”

“Oh yeah, I loved it Mom.” TK fibbed, trying not to throw up.

“Oh good. I was worried that you would think it was too weird or something.”

“Or something…” Ken said. He guessed now was as any a good time to leave. He stood up, declaring, “Well, I’m glad we had this little chat, but I must be going now. My parents will be wondering where I am.”

“Oh! Of course—you don’t want to make them worry! Take care Ken, and remember that if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask me, okay?”

“For sure, Mrs. Takashi. See you later!”

Ken rushed out the door, and didn’t stop his mad power-walking until he was safely inside his bedroom, locked away from the horrors of that particular encounter.

“Did you have a good visit, Ken?” Wormmon asked.

“Uh… yeah, it was fine-ish.” Ken responded evasively.

“What happened?” Wormmon posed enquiringly.

“Nothing, not much. I just won’t be able to look at fruit the same way ever again.”

“Why’s that?”

Ken told him all about it, not leaving out one single hairy detail, and in the end, all Wormmon could say was, “Oh dear. It must suck to be you.”

So very true, Wormmon. What insight XD
Back to top Go down
Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:47 am

Aww, I love this.
FRUIT!!
Back to top Go down
smile-in-ur-sleep
smile-in-ur-sleep

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:51 pm

Ch. 3: Kari's moody, like a pattern... hmm... what could that mean? Lol. The vision was ah-dorable, but the hair stroking... uhm...
Ch4: “Yeah, you heard me, Kari. I think that plaid makes you look damn hot and I’m not afraid to say it. The way you walk, with your hips moving side to side like that, makes me want to throw you to the floor, rip off your clothes and ravish you…” UHM. MY JOB, TAKERU, THAT'S MY JOB.
Ch. 5: Thank god I don't eat pears. Oranges, on the other hand, I'll never be eating those ever again. Fruity groin?

MOAR PLZ. =)

She should have used Lemon and Lime. x)
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:32 am

Oh god... that would have been... that would have just been too much. I don't think I could have handled it XD
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:11 pm

Chapter Six, done up today... I love it when they give us days off school XD

And yes, I DID use the dwarf-thing in here... I just couldn't resist...

-----------------------------

They were running out of places to meet.

Ken’s house was out of the question, as TK and Kari still refused to have anything to do with that apartment, and Ken couldn’t bear to come within a 100-foot range of TK’s house without feeling like he had committed some sort of sin, and needed to be doused in holy water.

That left Kari’s residence.

Ken was fearful of this particular location for various reasons, such as:

1. Food poisoning—who knew what ingredients Kari’s mother actually used when baking?

2. Encountering her insane older brother, and thereby getting distracted by the poof he called “hair”… Ken was almost positive a large settlement of dwarfs resided in there somewhere…

3. Receiving another lecture not unlike the one he heard from TK’s mother—the most terrifying experience of his life, to be sure.

All in all, meeting at Kari’s house didn’t seem like the best option, but it was the only one they had.

They planned it very carefully, so that their rendezvous could happen without the presence of any family members Kari possessed would be in the vicinity. It took some time, and a lot of convincing on Kari’s part to get her parents to go out somewhere far away, but in the end, they were sitting comfortably in the living room, ready to begin their next experiment.

“So, today,” Ken explained, “we are going to determine how well you guys know each other. This is mostly to establish how well your communication skills have been in the past, and it’ll help me decide where we’ll go from here.”

“You know this is a stupid idea, right, Ken?” TK asked. “We’ve known each other for years, and it’s likely that we’ll ace this thing no problem.”

“We’ll see,” was all Ken would say on the subject.

He had an inkling that TK’s statement might have been true once, but people change over the years, including their habits, likes/dislikes, and all-around personality. Ken had a feeling that this would bring his subjects a much-needed revelation that no, they didn’t know each other as well as they thought… but that was just a guess. For all he knew, TK could actually know what kind of underwear Kari wore, but chances of that were rather slim.

“Now,” Ken said, passing both TK and Kari a sheet of paper and a pen, “on these papers, there are ten questions that each of you must answer honestly. And by honestly, I mean no holding back here, people—we want ALL the dirty details. Once you’ve done that, give them back to me, and we’ll begin, okay?”

TK nodded, and bent over his sheet, shielding it from Kari, as she did the same. Ken watched in glee as their faces grew mystified, outraged, embarrassed, and uncomfortable as they read through the questionnaire. They made it through the sheet unscathed and handed it back, still slightly mystified, but glad that that part was done and over with. Ken then checked over the papers quickly, making sure no one had skipped a question.

Satisfied that TK and Kari had done as he asked, he smiled up at them, and said, “Let’s begin.” Turning to Kari, he instigated the experiment with her. “The first question on TK’s page was: What is Kari’s favourite colour? We will now compare your answer to his, and see whether or not it’s right.”

Kari didn’t have to think long in order to come up with an answer to this question. “That’s easy—my favourite colour is blue.”

TK grinned at his first victory, to the amusement of Ken. If TK sincerely thought it was going to be this easy, he had another thing coming.

“Alright, TK. The first question on Kari’s page was: What is TK’s favourite kind of pizza?”

TK nearly scoffed at how simple the question was, but instead of voicing his disbelief, he merely said, “Pepperoni and olives, with extra cheese, and a side of ranch dressing to dip it in.”

“Very well done, you two. You both got the first one right… but now we move onto the second one. Kari, the second question on TK’s paper is: Does Kari ever actually listen to a word Yolei says when she’s ranting?”

“Of course I do! I wouldn’t ignore my friend like that!” Kari replied heatedly, irritated that a question like that would even be on the sheet of paper.

“Oh dear…” Ken said, shaking his head. “It seems as though TK wrote a different answer.”

“What did you write, TK?” Kari lashed out.

“Uh, I just said that no one really listens to her when she gets like that, so I figured you didn’t either…”

Kari’s glare made TK want to bolt for the door, but Ken wasn’t having any of that. “Now, now… let’s not allow our tempers to get the best of us, Kari. There’s still several more question to go before we’re done with this. We wouldn’t want you walking out on us a fifth of the way through, now would we? That wouldn’t accomplish much…”

Kari was still cross with her boyfriend, but she nodded stiffly, seeing the wisdom in Ken’s words.

“Now, TK, Kari’s second question was: If TK could own any kind of pet, what would it be?”

TK responded, “A dog.”

Kari smiled for getting the question right, and they continued with the testing until it was down to the last question. TK had only gotten three right so far, while Kari had done minutely better, getting four correct out of the nine. Ken was beginning to think this therapy thing was pointless—they were almost beyond help. He wasn’t even a trained professional, for crying out loud! Frankly, he wasn’t quite sure how they could expect him to help solve their problems, and keep up with his homework (not to mention his girlfriend). Ken hoped they understood he was charging quite a hefty fee for all of this madness.

“Are you ready for the last question, Kari? Here it is: What does Kari want to do for a living when she grows up?”

“I… I kind of want to be a teacher or something like that.”

TK groaned for getting another one wrong, and he collapsed into the couch, sullen.

“What did TK write?”

“He wrote that you didn’t know what you wanted to be.” Ken supplied handily. Kari closed her eyes, tired of being proven, time and time again, that her boyfriend didn’t know her very well at all.

“TK, final question: Why does TK play basketball?”

“Because I like it, and it keeps me active.” came the muffled reply.

Kari sighed through her nose, exasperated by this whole thing. Ken put a big ‘X’ beside Kari’s answer, as it was clearly erroneous, and he glanced up at his guinea pigs.

Seeing their disappointed faces, he said encouragingly, “Cheer up now, people. We’re going to work through this and make it all better. Now that I’ve diagnosed a problem, we can work to solve it. So, really, there’s no need to get cross at each other, or to pout and whine, because soon the both of you will be as happy as bees once again, and all this will be behind you… right?”

TK and Kari disregarded Ken’s little speech as TK gathered his stuff and headed out the door without saying goodbye to either of them. Kari stood silently and brought Ken his shoes.

“I think you should go now.” She told him quietly, not looking him in the eye.

Ken merely took his shoes from her, grabbed his notes and papers, and left the Kamiya residence, wondering how he could possibly make this all better.

I'm not sure where it's actually going to go from here... but I'll think of something XD
Back to top Go down
smile-in-ur-sleep
smile-in-ur-sleep

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:38 pm

Aww!
They're mad at each other!
That's so sad.
But every relationship needs rocky moments...
MAKE THIS RIGHT, PLZ.
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:21 am

*is proud of the next chapter, even though she realized that baking and cooking are NOT the same thing about halfway through writing it, and had a slight panic attack*

“Optimism is key.” Ken ranted to his empty room. “If only they’d see it my way for once. We’re never going to get anywhere if all they do is whine and pout after every single experiment.” he sighed, exasperated, and concluded, “I’m going to have to bring in the big guns…”

Wormmon entered the genius’s lair at that point, bringing with him the remains of Ken’s supper, of which he had not finished eating due to intense amounts of stress placed upon his fragile shoulders from this whole situation with TK and Kari.

Ken nearly scoffed at the sight of the well-prepared food. He didn’t have time to eat—he had a relationship to fix. He needed a miracle, not the lukewarm remnants of a delicious meal his mother had cooked. As he glared at Wormmon, who was trying to spoon-feed him the meal, Ken suddenly came up with a brilliant plan that he knew would solve everything.

Pushing Kari and TK through the recreational building, Ken smiled happily as they passed by the swimming pool and the tennis courts, all the way to a small classroom at the back of the edifice. There, people--namely couples--were gathering for some kind of event, and Ken seemed intent on getting Kari and TK in there.

“Here we are, guys.” he announced, giving them a supportive shove into the room.

“Where exactly is here, Ken?” TK asked sceptically, raising a suspicious eyebrow.

“You’ll see… now, there are a few rules for this experiment. Number one: If anything goes badly, and someone gets set on fire accidentally, it is not my fault and you cannot blame me. Number two: If this goes wonderfully, I get all credit, and you will not oppose to any other experiments I may come up with in the future. And, number three: Don’t forget your aprons.”

Ken threw two bright pink aprons at Kari and TK before sidling off.

Kari peeked around, trying to figure out why on earth Ken had brought them here, when TK tapped her shoulder and stared pointedly at the blackboard that clearly read: Cooking for Couples.

Kari paled as she glanced down at the aprons, which had a more significant meaning now. TK took one of the aprons, and unfolded it, revealing the writing inside that said in sparkly letters, ‘TEAM AWESOME.’

Kari gagged and TK chuckled, saying, “I bet Wormmon was the one who came up with that slogan.” His girlfriend nodded sagely and TK sighed, shrugging. “We’d better put these on—it looks like the class is about to start.”

The two digidestined found a nice niche in the back of the class, where they were relatively hidden from everyone else. There, they aided each other in tying the loose strings up of their neon-pink aprons of joy. As soon as that was done, a bubbly, enthusiastic young woman bounded to the front of the room, evidently taking on the role of the teacher in this setting.

“Okay, folks. Today is going to be a special day because today is Couples’ Cooking Day!! Yay!!”

A few of the more enthusiastic students cheered half-heartedly, but that did not faze her.

“Alright, now, I hope all of you know at least the basics of cooking, because we are on a tight schedule and we need to zip through this lesson very quickly! So, first, everyone get out their mixing bowls and measuring cups, because today we’re going to make brownies. Mmm…”

TK and Kari looked at each other helplessly as all the other couples started pulling out the required baking equipment. Neither of them had any reliable cooking and/or baking experience. Kari’s mother wasn’t exactly a role model for gourmet dishes, and Matt had refused to share his cooking knowledge with TK whatsoever, saying that he could never reveal his secrets to such an amateur.

“I… guess we’d better get started?” TK offered questioningly.

“I suppose.” Kari mumbled, peeking through the cupboards and drawers to find what she needed. TK stood behind her, peering over her shoulder, not sure what to do.

Kari suggested to the lost boy, “Uh, why don’t you start measuring out the ingredients?” TK obliged instinctively, doing whatever he could to please her. “You know, you don’t always have to do everything I say…”

TK frowned, confused. “I thought girls liked it when boys do whatever they tell them to.”

“I’m not most girls, TK.” Kari reminded him, giggling. She bumped him playfully with her hip, and he smiled, stealing the mixing bowl from her hands. “If that’s the case then, I get to stir, and you get to measure stuff.”

Kari laughed and told him, grinning, “That’s okay… that just means that I can justifiably blame you for screwing up the recipe.”

TK frowned once more, and reverted back to their former positions. Kari laughed once more at his comical actions, and they continued to follow the instructions for the recipe.

Not much later, they were ready to insert their creation into the oven—dubbed the ‘Oven of Love’ by their instructor, of course—and although it didn’t look as refined as any of the other brownie batter mixes made by the other couples in the room, TK and Kari were very proud of their concoction, and no matter how badly it turned out, they were going to cherish it. Cherish it, not eat it obviously, because they weren’t exactly sure if it was entirely edible. Food poisoning didn’t appear out of nowhere—they were smart enough to know that.

The vivacious instructor paid them a visit just as TK surfaced from the wafting hot waves emanating from the open oven door. He slammed said door shut and aimed a boyish smile at the lady who was checking up on their progress.

“How’s everything going here, you two?” TK and Kari mumbled some vague answers in hopes of placating her enough to get her to leave before she discovered the cooking disabilities both of them possessed. “Oh, aren’t the two of you adorable!” She squealed happily, and Kari took a tiny step back in alarm. TK put his hand on her wrist in comfort, and her lips quirked up at the corners. The lady turned to the elderly couple working beside them for reassurance of her observation and then she turned back to them, saying, “You know, I just get so excited whenever I see a young couple in my class. Cooking is one of the most valuable skills couples need—otherwise how are they going to eat?” She giggled at her own joke, and the frightened children nodded along, not wanting to anger the psychotic lady. “I mean, if a couple can’t even cook, how are they supposed to work together when it comes to anything else? They’d just be destined to fall apart!”

She walked off, laughing, but Kari and TK weren’t smiling or nodding this time. Kari’s mouth was set in an angry line, and TK cracked his knuckles threateningly. Immediately, they set to making sure the brownies weren’t burning, because, dammit, they were going to make the best brownies ever. And they’d show that over-zealous, pompous teacher that they could work together, and that cooking didn’t matter one bit.

By the end of the hour, their creation was sitting on the counter, cooling off a bit, and TK and Kari were stared at it proudly with their chests puffed out and smiles plastered to their faces in self-admiration. Together, they each grabbed a fork and scooped out a chunk of the brownie invention, shovelling it into their mouths proudly.

TK was the first to spit it out. Kari was a bit more determined to enjoy the foul-tasting mixture, but she soon followed his ingenious example.

“We’re doomed.” Kari said gloomily.

TK chuckled, “Well, at least we know one thing will never change.” Kari bumped him once again, smiling at his dismal logic, and he pulled her into the first hug they had shared in weeks. Things were beginning to look up…

... or are they...

*smiles* Guess you'll just have to wait and find out XD
Back to top Go down
smile-in-ur-sleep
smile-in-ur-sleep

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:45 am

...CLIFFHANGER!

If this isn't right...
Imma...
IMMA...
IM MA!

Yeah. Razz
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:47 am

Just... try not to shoot me, okay?

-----------------

When Ken heard the good news, he celebrated accordingly with Wormmon, watching feel-good movies until the early morning hours when his eyelids could no longer find the willpower to keep themselves uplifted. He simply couldn’t shake the ever-present feeling of euphoria that accompanied his success. Finally, he had done something right to get TK and Kari on the road to recovery. All throughout the week, his smile wouldn’t fade as he observed his subjects laugh and chat during every spare moment they had. His heart glowed every time they recounted their baking fiasco to anyone who would listen. Eventually, Ken recorded their tale, enabling him to listen to it over and over again before falling into a peaceful slumber.

He wasn’t sure where to go from this point—they seemed to be repairing broken bridges without his help, but as it turned out, he was still needed desperately.

Davis came running to him at the end of Friday’s school day, his goggles nearly flying off his head in his haste.

“Ken!” he cried out. “Ken, they need your help!”

“What do you mean? And who's they?” Ken asked, intrigued as he observed Davis panting inelegantly.

“TK and Kari are having a HUGE fight right now, and Yolei told me to come get you ASAP.”

An intense feeling of dread welled up in Ken’s instinctive guts as he rushed after Davis to the scene of the crime. They pushed past countless members of the student body, aptly named the ‘Oh-My-God-Squad’, who were observing the growing argument between Kari and TK on the sidelines.

“Yeah?” TK yelled at Kari. “Is that so? Well, your hair looks funny with that barrette in it!”

The insults were flying back and forth between the two furiously, like lions clashing over a kill. Kari may have been the sweetest piece of pie in the bakery, but she had a mean side, and she certainly wasn’t going to lie down like a good girl and let TK get away with making fun of her hair.

“YOUR HAT IS OLD AND SHITTY, TK!!”

The collective group gasped appreciatively, and Ken scowled. This wasn’t part of his plan.

TK looked hurt, but he did not let that affect his goal. His hand fisted and he yelled, “You’re needy, and you whine all the time! You get mad at me for no reason, and then you pretend like nothing happened! You’re a HORRIBLE girlfriend!”

Kari’s eyes flared up, feeling wounded by his cutting remarks and she whispered menacingly, “At least I don’t push away everyone I love.”

TK blanched chillingly and Kari stomped off, Yolei trailing along behind her, alarmed. Ken wasn’t sure what the last comment had meant, but obviously TK had gotten the message, because he was now a frightening shade of pale white. Ken and Davis steered him into the boys’ washroom for a chat.

“What the hell was that all about?” Ken demanded angrily. “Things were going so well! I turn around for five seconds, and the two of you are bickering and arguing like little children!”

Davis slipped out of the room silently to do crowd control, leaving an enraged Ken with a shell-shocked TK.

“I’m not really sure what happened, Ken.” TK admitted morosely. “We were getting along fine, and then she disagreed with something I said and then I countered back, and before I knew it she was telling me that she hated the way I always put my arm around her, and that my hat is shitty…” TK lifted his head, his eyes swimming with unshed tears. “And then she goes and throws that back in my face.”

Ken, still curious, asked gently what that was.

“I’ve just… I haven’t been getting along with my mother lately, particularly ever since that Talk, and now that Matt’s been away on tour I haven’t seen him in a while, and whenever I do talk to him I always end up making things awkward or he ends up being mad at me… it’s been hard lately, and I just can’t believe that Kari would say that to me! There is NO WAY I’m talking to her until she apologizes for this.”

Ken nodded wisely, but refrained from saying anything further. It was rather bitchy of Kari to slap that in TK’s face but on the other hand, he had called her a horrible girlfriend. This dilemma was sure to take some time to sort out, and Ken hoped Yolei was making some headway with Kari.

“What happened, Kari?” Yolei asked soothingly, rubbing the upset girl’s back in circles. Kari wailed miserably and Yolei made some more shushing noises in hopes to calm her friend.

“He said… h-he said… He said I’m needy!!” Kari cried, wiping her nose with the sleeve of her sweater.

“I know, sweetie, I know. Maybe you should go talk to him. I’m sure it’ll make you feel better.”

The offer did nothing to sway Kari.

“Are you crazy? There is NO WAY I’m talking to that jerk until he apologizes! And even then I might not forgive him! He called me whiny, Yolei, whiny! I am not whiny!”

“But still…”

“No buts, Yolei.” Kari said, exasperated, “He brought this on himself. He can deal with the consequences.”

The girl’s puffy eyes and red nose made her look incredibly vulnerable. Yolei pulled her best friend into a fierce hug and promised sincerely that they would do whatever it took to fix this.

And Kari trusted her.

“Ken, sweetie, if you don’t shut up about TK and Kari for five seconds, I’m going to shove a bag of frozen peas down your pants… with a jackhammer.”

Ken froze instinctively and reverted back into ‘Good Boyfriend Mode’ so as to not displease his temperamental girlfriend. “Sorry, Yolei, I just don’t know what to do anymore. They started to reconnect, but then that happened, and all my extravagant plans got foiled. I’m miserable.” Ken stated, pouting.

Yolei, despite wanting to help, couldn’t stand another minute of her boyfriend endlessly discussing how they were going to clean up the mess their friends had created. It was time to settle this once and for all. Ken’s attention span should be used on her right now, not solving their friends' love lives.

“Buff up, Ken. You can still fix this. I have faith in you, and so do TK and Kari. They came to you, asking for help, and now you have an obligation to fulfill that promise. They don’t know what to do either—but maybe if we show them how to interact like a happy couple, then maybe they’ll learn something, and they’ll be able to begin solving this by themselves again.”

“… Are you suggesting a double date?” Ken asked, eyes narrowed.

“If the shoe fits…” Yolei hinted.

“I can’t do that!” Ken protested. “These are my clients, Yolei. I can’t be seen socializing with them in public!”

“Stop your whining, Ken Ichijoji. It’s a brilliant plan. They’ll see us, a perfect, happy couple, which will then prompt them to follow our great example.”

“But, Yolei, we’re not a perfect couple. Half the time, I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.”

“Yes, but you pretend to listen, which is the important part.”

Yolei seemed to think that concluded the conversation, leaving Ken in a position he did not particularly want to be in. Knowing Yolei’s stubbornness, he would undoubtedly end up going on this double date with TK and Kari. He just didn’t, and didn’t want to know how the night would end.

When he broached the delicate subject tentatively with TK and Kari, who still weren’t speaking to each other, they adamantly refused to do anything together until the other apologized. Ken pleaded and begged them to just go along with it. Eventually, they submitted to his will grudgingly.

Ken could merely wish optimistically that this venture wouldn’t make things markedly worse than they already were.

Uh oh...

XD
Back to top Go down
Aana
Aana

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 5:27 pm

Ra--ra--raaaah!
*happy singing*
Back to top Go down
smile-in-ur-sleep
smile-in-ur-sleep

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:41 pm

- strokes gun -
You survived... this time...

Haha, I actually enjoyed this one. Razz
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:44 pm

*removes self from hiding place, and takes off armor*

Okay, good XD

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
emotionless-robot
emotionless-robot

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:10 pm

... guess I should update this...

---------------------

“Ice skating?” Kari asked incredulously. A disturbing smile planted itself on Ken’s face as he nodded, elegantly sweeping past her to fetch his own pair of skates. “But…” Kari protested, “I haven’t been skating in years! I’ll be absolutely horrible at it!”

Yolei giggled at Kari’s ridiculous remark and replied, “You’ll do fine, Kari. Besides, you’ll have TK there to help you out, right?”

Kari scoffed angrily, still having not forgiven the young man for his rudeness and uncalled-for statements. “If he’s going to be there, then forget it. I’m not coming.”

“But you have to!” Yolei whined. “It’s not a double date unless there are four people, you know. I can’t believe you haven’t forgiven him yet. He feels terrible about what he said and you feel guilty about what you said too, so I don’t see what's holding you back from apologising.”

“Pride. Anger. Hormones.” Ken offered graciously, tying up his laces.

Before Kari could strangle Ken for his unneeded observations, TK walked in—skates already on—trying to balance himself on the edge of the blades. Kari scoffed at his pathetic attempts and he glared at her menacingly, as if daring her to say something about it. She brushed past him, onto the ice and he huffed, irritated by his girlfriend’s childish behaviour.

“She’ll get over it eventually,” Yolei assured him, following her best friend onto the ice rink.

Ken clapped him on the back and they made their way out as well. The rink was nearly full with laughing children and parents skating around joyfully. A group of beginners were holding on to the edge of the boards for dear life, fear covering their faces. TK noted sourly that that would probably be him in about five minutes’ time.

Kari and Yolei were already making their way across the iced floor, chatting and giggling contentedly while Ken waited for TK to approach their destination. The ice shone under the florescent lighting and TK gulped nervously. He hadn’t ever skated in his life. This was a totally new experience, and it was rather frightening. The way the skates kept wobbling - no matter how hard he tried to keep them straight and the way his ankles were locked in there firmly. Not to mention how he had barely any circulation in his feet now that the laces were wrenched tight. All in all, if he had a choice after this, skating would not be one of his top things to do for fun.

Stepping out for the first time onto the rink, TK clung helplessly to the sides, Ken chuckling beside him and doing figure eights while gliding along with ease.

“I’m pathetic,” TK mumbled miserably. “I should just go home now and be a loser for the rest of my life.”

Ken chortled and shook his head. “If that’s what you want, then by all means, be a loser for the rest of your life… but if you want to join the big kids, then suck it up and let’s go catch up with our ladies.”

TK’s hand was snatched abruptly by Ken’s as he dragged his resisting friend over to where Kari and Yolei were skating. The inexperienced boy trembled even more as they came near—there was nothing to hold on to in the middle of the rink, and Ken was going too fast for TK to keep up. He tipped over backwards, but leaned forward quickly to counteract the movement, only to fall flat on his face the second he did. Kari snorted with laughter while Yolei and Ken lifted him back up, asking if he was alright.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” TK muttered, brushing himself off. He refused to look at Kari, who was still sniggering with a hand covering her mouth in a vague attempt to be discreet.

“Does anyone want something to eat?” Yolei asked hesitantly. “I can go get some nachos or whatever.”

Ken smiled at her and told her to go on ahead—they’d catch up in a minute.

He sighed, turning to his patients, “I know you guys are arguing and that neither of you will apologise until the other has, but this has got to stop. We’re here to have fun, not to snipe at each other and laugh at each other… if you can’t be civil, then we’ll leave.” He felt like a mother, scolding her children when they misbehaved.

Kari looked away innocently, as if none of this was her fault, while TK huffed irately to show his disapproval for their entire excursion. The two of them could not seem to get along, but Ken was almost done caring about that. They weren’t willing to even try to co-operate and he felt like he was talking to a wall. They didn’t listen to what he said and they were so obtuse, it was ridiculous.

A young kid skated by them, waving his arms about wildly to try and not fall down. One of his flailing limbs came and smacked TK in the face, adding to his deflated ego and injured visage.

“Ow!” he exclaimed fiercely. The kid yelled out an apology while still trying in vain to remain upright.

Kari snickered maliciously and TK turned on her, annoyed by her unrelenting teasing.

“What is so funny?” he demanded crossly.

“Nothing…” she replied vaguely.

TK scowled and took a step forward, intending on getting the truth out of his girlfriend. Unfortunately, he still was not accustomed to the feel of the ice, and tripped over his own feet, taking Kari down with him. She let out a cry of shock and pushed him off of her body, asking what the hell that was all about.

“I’m sorry, okay? It was an accident!”

No one had gotten hurt, thankfully, but they continued to bicker with each other endlessly. Kari gave TK a small shove, which he returned, yelling at her for doing it to him. She grew furious and advanced towards him, but he was all set for her. His fist bunched up at his side and his face turned near-murderous. Ken decided it was time to intervene just as Kari shouted at her boyfriend, and TK lunged forward.

Later on, no one could quite decide on how it happened exactly, but hours after the incident, there was still blood spattered across the icy rink.

... ahahahahaha?
Back to top Go down
smile-in-ur-sleep
smile-in-ur-sleep

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:28 pm

Who's blood?
Tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

- gets gun -
I still have Matilda...

but it was still a pretty good chapter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville   Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Private Challenge - Doctor Ken : ExpiredInGoreville
Page 1 of 1